Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weight Loss (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   The camera doesn't lie (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30123)

Storeytime 11-18-2011 12:13 AM

The camera doesn't lie

I've been shooting and editing for my video about putting up my Christmas display.

Wow! I knew I was way overweight, but the camera pointed out just how bad it really is.

I think I better hang out here more often. But, I think it's what it took to get serious about this. I have gone back to my watching calories and walking.

So any of you that see my video, hold me accountable. I've set a goal to lose 25 pounds by April, which is my next doctor's appointment for post cancer checkup. I had set a goal for the total weight loss of 60 pounds but I found that the whole goal was too much of a mountain to climb. I think it's more acheivable to set bite size goals toward achieving the long term goal.

I already lost 3 of the 25 the first week. I know that will slow down but at least I'm heading in the right direction. No diets! Lifestyle change!

frostyman 11-18-2011 08:30 AM

I'm seriously considering weight watchers myself

gabulldawg 11-18-2011 08:55 AM

If I keep this up I will need weight watchers myself frosty! At first when I came home from deployment in early oct,I needed to gain 20 so I ate and ate and ate! now I have got back to my normal weight and it's smack dab in the thick of the holidays!
@storytime---good luck on your journey!! you can do it! there will be good times and bad but if you make up your mind you WILL accomplish this!

Courtney 11-18-2011 10:57 AM

Watching your diet during Holidaytime is a pain in the rear because of all of the temptation. But, when you are making a lifestyle change you learn how to eat properly and adjust your attitude towards all the sweet and savory goodies. Making goals of 5 or 10 lbs at a time is a good idea, and it helps to keep you focused. When you lose 5lbs it's great incentive and it just makes you want to keep going to get to that next goal.

It's a tough road, but not impossible. Just remember that 1 slice of pie is just as good as 2. :wink:

You can do it!

Gingerbread Latte 11-18-2011 12:00 PM

It's great that you're doing something good for yourself like this, and 25 lbs. by April is very doable! Getting started is the hardest part, which you've already done, so hang in there!

:happy:

Christmas-A-Holic 11-18-2011 02:59 PM

You can do it! As Courtney mentioned, lifestyle change in eating habits is the best way to go. I have never had to lose weight but I made a lifestyle change in my eating habits to feel better so that in itself will help in recovering from cancer. Then along with that you should lose weight. =)

Good luck to you!

Mumof2 11-25-2011 05:41 PM

No it does not lie,Ive been shocked by a picture in the past. Since I moved down here I joined a new gym,walk to get my kids at the bus stop and drink more water.Ive lost 12 pounds and feel so much better,I need to lose more but,its a really great start.
Good Luck! :)

Holiday 11-25-2011 10:58 PM

Good luck storey! You can do it! It was a certain pic of myself that made me decide to join WW back in '09! Those darn camera's...ha ha!! You are so right - lifestyle change!! Forever! (eek!)

JanaBanana 11-28-2011 06:17 PM

I will join you in a few weeks after the baby arrives :) GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!!