Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   New Year - New You! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34602)

Christmas-A-Holic 12-29-2011 02:29 PM

New Year - New You!

It's that time of year again to make your New Years Resolutions to a healthier New You!

What are your plans for the New Year?
Exercise?
Plan to eat healthier foods?
Losing weight?

Take a look at the Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition section for tips on getting started.

Be sure to let us know what your resolution is. We can all support one another in our journey for a healthy New Year!

Christmas-A-Holic 01-01-2012 07:47 AM

I have been exercising already through the year but at times I just don't get much in and want to keep a solid routine going.

I had ran a 3k early in 2011 then kind of backed off of running due to some health issues. I want to start training again. 3k might not be much to some but for me it was a great accomplishment!

I also want to get back into yoga. It's been awhile since I have done that and it was great!

I already eat healthy and in no need to lose weight so all is good there.

AuntieMistletoeDear 01-02-2012 05:27 AM

:celebrate: Ring in the New You!

I've been at it for well over four years. I had some health struggles last year that prevented me from participating in several weight exercises to increase muscles, but I still managed to get my cardio routines in 4-6 times a week so it wasn't all bad. I'm hoping to get back on the weights this year and reduce my inches down another size in clothing by the summer which is a realistic goal.

merrymistletoe 01-03-2012 04:59 PM

the best i've ever done was one called 50 million pound challenge. it was totally free & online you could keep a journal, print out the daily menu for a month, & a grocery list. all you had to do was to figure how much to buy of the items listed, ya' know like if more than 1 person in the house was on it. we tried to walk every day & if we didn't we would do some kind of activity for atleast 30 minutes & it counted as our exercise for the day. i lost 35 pounds from march to july. then fell off the wagon. wasn't too hard. lots, lots, & lots of veggies, lean meat, & whole grain pasta & bread & brown rice. no sugars or minimal amount. think i'm gonna try it again but need to keep in mind it's a lifestyle change not a diet!!!

Holiday 01-15-2012 08:40 PM

I have kicked it back into gear after the holidays too! I lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers in 2009 & towards the end of 2011/holidays I managed to gain 9 lbs back. Wellll, it's time to get rid of them!!! I can't believe I let that happen! We are going on a cruise in March & that is great motivation. I recently started doing Yoga. I have never done it before. I bought a dvd - Gwen Lawrence who combines Yoga & strength training...it might be b/c I'm new at it, but it's a work out!!! I would highly reccomend the dvd called Fit Body Yoga. My sister/sil are coming over tomorrow night & we are thinking about having Yoga night 1 night per week. I am still walking 4+ miles every morning with my girlsfriends. I also dug the stairmaster out again last week. Feels so good to get on there again. Over the weekend I pulled out my Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd...I forgot how good of a workout that is. I'm going to keep plugging along with hopes to get rid of these 9 lbs & if I can get rid of a few more that would be great too as I'm pretty sure I will be gaining at least a few on the cruise. EEK!!!

Christmas-A-Holic 01-16-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holiday (Post 417437)
I have kicked it back into gear after the holidays too! I lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers in 2009 & towards the end of 2011/holidays I managed to gain 9 lbs back. Wellll, it's time to get rid of them!!! I can't believe I let that happen! We are going on a cruise in March & that is great motivation. I recently started doing Yoga. I have never done it before. I bought a dvd - Gwen Lawrence who combines Yoga & strength training...it might be b/c I'm new at it, but it's a work out!!! I would highly reccomend the dvd called Fit Body Yoga. My sister/sil are coming over tomorrow night & we are thinking about having Yoga night 1 night per week. I am still walking 4+ miles every morning with my girlsfriends. I also dug the stairmaster out again last week. Feels so good to get on there again. Over the weekend I pulled out my Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd...I forgot how good of a workout that is. I'm going to keep plugging along with hopes to get rid of these 9 lbs & if I can get rid of a few more that would be great too as I'm pretty sure I will be gaining at least a few on the cruise. EEK!!!

I LOVE yoga!!! If you have On Demand on your cable they also have yoga instructional videos. I follow those and some on youtube. Sometimes I just do my own thing.

You might be surprised but I actually lost weight on my cruise and NOT TRYING! (my doc says I need to gain some). Both times I went on one I lost weight. You just stay so busy and yes you eat a lot but there is so much running around you burn it off. The first cruise I went on I hit the gym daily but I didn't on the last one and lost weight on both of them. (just a few pounds).

So you should be fine. With all the running around on the ship you might lose weight no matter how much you eat.