Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Shopping (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Anyone else love Christmas shopping? If so why? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44051)

sublimesting 10-19-2012 06:12 AM

Anyone else love Christmas shopping? If so why?

Personally I adore Christmas shopping. My wife kinda hates it. But what I love ABOUT IT IS BEING WITH MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER AND BEING ABLE TO BUY THINGS FOR OUR LOVED ONES. (SORRY caps). I like to imagine how happy they'll be when they open whatever it is we bought them. I love strolling the mall with a gingerbread Starbucks coffee, listening to holiday music and watching people be nice to each others for once. I love the decorations, the ambience and the camraderie.

Sadly I think all my wife sees is us "spending money". Every year she wants to buy less and less for people while I want to buy more and more. I up the budget every year. I buy for toys for tots and donat to various charities.

Shopping just makes me merry. "What, we have to check out another store?!!......Yes!!!!"

judesmama 10-19-2012 06:30 AM

I do love shopping, but I shop year-round because I LOVE a good deal! But there is nothing like the hustle and bustle, listening to the Christmas music and strolling with a cup of coffee (especially when my shopping is DONE and I can just enjoy the sights and sounds!!) :)

GingerMel 10-19-2012 12:44 PM

I love hunting out bargains and Christmas shopping in general. It's about the only shopping I do like. I'm with your wife on being frugal though.

The way I shop is mostly online though so I think I miss out on some of the holiday buzz. But what I do is to play Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie while I shop online...so I guess that's a bit different than what you meant...still festive though.

Santa's Helper 10-19-2012 02:02 PM

Lately I've done a lot of online shopping. I can find better deals that way and it's faster and easier for me. But I love shopping for Christmas because of atmosphere in the stores. The festiveness of the mall, the lights, decorations, the store displays, the mall Santa, all of that makes me love Christmas shopping. I even find that the crowds add to the excitement as well. Hearing Christmas music play while I shop, carrying all the bags with goodies in them for everyone. It's so fun.

Courtney 10-20-2012 12:03 PM

I L.O.V.E. Christmas shopping! The atmosphere, the music, the intensity/anticipation/ satisfaction in finding the perfect gift/s and/or finding an awesome deal.

I like shopping online as well, because I can chill out in my jammies, with my coffee/hot chocolate while listening to Christmas tunes and checking out the different websites/comparison shopping.

:sparkle:

Mumof2 10-20-2012 02:33 PM

I love everything about it. the planning,music,bundling up(when I was back home),bringing snacks to keep me going :) sitting in a cafe watching shoppers go by,trying to fit everything in the truck.I LOVE going shopping on Magazine St. in New Orleans,then Taking my Daughter to Teddy Bear Tea at the Roosevelt Hotel also in New Orleans.

trackrebel 10-21-2012 02:49 AM

i love being in town and the mall during christmas time....the glow in the kids eyes, the hectical grown ups, the music, the decorations, the smell in the air from the closeby Christmas market (almonds, chestnuts, cotton candy, mulled wine and on)....I just love it.....I also love buying Christmas presents...I just hate how I sometimes have no idea what to get for who

shellie12 10-21-2012 04:12 AM

Yip have to agree with a lot of yous
I love the decorations in the towns and the shopping centres
The chrisitmas music playing and just the general crowds
Its hard to get away when you have a shop as it isi a very busy time
But i do try and get to 3 diferent places
Love to see the santAs and the people all running round buying presents
I suppose i lkove everything about it except the long cues

Christmas24/7 10-21-2012 08:18 AM

I love, love, love Christmas shopping! It's pretty much the only kind of shopping I like to do. It gives me a little Christmas "fix" year round. :). I do a lot of online shopping and love a bargain. I keep in mind things I am interested in and then snag them when they go on sale...definitely stretches my budget. Other than a few more things I'll pick up closer to Christmas, I'm done Christmas shopping. I don't love crowds and December is way too busy to add shopping to the calendar, but I do enjoy the sites and sounds of store during the holidays. Moslt, I just love getting gifts for other people and being excited for them to open those gifts.:)

ballcoach 10-21-2012 08:23 AM

There are several reasons why I enjoy Christmas shopping so much. First, like stated early, I just love the quality time with my family. It's time for us to get away, be in a good mood, hang out, and be in the spirit. Another reason is that we just like being in the environment of the mall and different places and enjoying the environment. You just can't beat it.