Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lights & Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   I will never again! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45159)

JanaBanana 11-06-2012 08:32 AM

I will never again!

Buy a pre-lit tree!!!! 2 of my 3 full size trees have many lights out on them. They claim to "stay lit" when one is burned out, not true! So guess what I get to do? I have to unwrap {er cut the cords} of the 12 ft tree which has 1800 lights on it and buy new white lights to string on the darn thing. Awww well, I guess its all a part of the season. :yahoo:

xmas365 11-06-2012 08:41 AM

That has always been my fear about the pre-lit tree, I still do it the old fashioned way, swearing while walking around and around the tree. cheesy

Good luck unstringing and restringing your trees.

Festive Spirit 11-06-2012 08:47 AM

I will admit that this is probably my only annoyance (only a little) of the season ......lights! Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Festive Spirit 11-06-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 478670)
That has always been my fear about the pre-lit tree, I still do it the old fashioned way, swearing while walking around and around the tree. cheesy

Good luck unstringing and restringing your trees.

this made me laugh.......you and me both!

GingerMel 11-06-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 478670)
I still do it the old fashioned way, swearing while walking around and around the tree.

This is hilarious.

That's exactly what I do.

trackrebel 11-06-2012 10:51 AM

oh my Jana...I feel for ya....I would have thrown a horrible tantrum if that happened to me....since I hate the lights...not the lights...the putting them on the tree......so if I bought a tree with the purpose that I will never have to put lights on them again....and then it is messed up and I have double the work now....oh boy......

sorry Jana...is there no way of getting Your money back...or a guarantee on it?

joyful 11-06-2012 10:58 AM

This is frustrating.
But I remember the lights from the 1950's and 1960's and it was worse than what we have now. Maybe one day they will perfect lighting the tree but until then we just accept it and say, hey, it's Christmas. Like Fred Mertz said on the Christmas show of I love Lucy when the lights went out on the Ricardo's tree, he was glad they quit working because then it made it more like Christmas to him.

I always add more lights to my pre-lit tree because I don't feel there's enough on it.

Solice 11-06-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerMel (Post 478723)
This is hilarious.

That's exactly what I do.

Me three! :yahoo:

MerryCarey 11-06-2012 11:16 AM

I'm reading this just as I'm trying to decide on a new artificial tree. I have a years-and-years-old pre-lit one that forces me to track down and replace burnt-out bulbs several times each season. The branches are also getting loose and beginning to lose tips. So I'm trying to decide whether to buy a new pre-lit tree and plenty of replacement bulbs, or buy an unlit tree and string the lights myself with good-quality mini-light strings. Either way I'll eventually be replacing bulbs, but if I string it myself it might be easier to replace an entire string at a time, rather than undo the pre-strung tangle ...

Jeff Westover 11-06-2012 11:20 AM

Good luck finding a tree that is NOT pre--lit that you like. Why is it that so many of them are pre-lit? I'm one of those who puts a lot of traditional stuff on my tree...that means a mix of miniature and C-7s (with reflectors)...and that means NO pre-lit trees for me. Every pre-lit tree I have owned I have regretted. Especially the FLOCKED tree.