Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   For Sale Christmas Throw to Benefit Santa's Sleigh (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46318)

MerryCarey 12-02-2012 09:10 AM

Christmas Throw to Benefit Santa's Sleigh

---SALE IS CLOSED---
The afghan has a new home.
Thanks for browsing!

Enjoy the warmth and beauty of a handcrafted afghan in your home while helping a deserving family to have a merrier Christmas! The price of this item—$89.00 U.S.—will be donated to Santa’s Sleigh (www.santassleigh.org).

Cozy up under a thick, warm blanket of Christmas trees! This 69-1/2" x 47" afghan is hand-crocheted from worsted-weight, washable acrylic yarn. Keep snug and warm while reading or while watching TV (or Christmas movies!). Drape it across the back of your sofa as a decoration. Or put it on top of your bed for a layer of extra warmth. It also makes a fine gift! Personally handcrafted "by the chimney with care." (Well … not really by the chimney! :wink:) Click on the photo for a larger picture.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23261796/New%20afghan.jpg

Terms of Sale:
The price of this item is $89.00 U.S. plus shipping. Please post below and send me a PM if you want to purchase this item. Please note that this is a one-of-a-kind item, so there is only one for sale---when it’s sold, it’s gone.

This sale will benefit SantasSleigh.org. The buyer will pay $89.00 U.S. for the item plus shipping (see Methods of Payment below) and will provide a shipping address in a PM to me. If you PM me with your shipping address before buying, I will estimate the shipping cost. Shipping weight will be approximately 5.0 lb. I will ship the item as promptly as possible after receiving payment, but please note that I cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.

The $89.00 price (excluding the shipping cost) will be donated to SantasSleigh.org, so this sale will be final. If you have any questions about the item, payment, or shipping, please send me a PM before purchasing this item.

If this item is not sold by 10:00 p.m. EST December 10, 2012, it will be withdrawn from sale.

Methods of Payment:
PayPal---If you have a PayPal account, you can pay directly via PayPal. I will send the buyer a PM with payment instructions. The payment transaction must take place within 10 business days, or the sale will become void.

Money order---If you do not have a PayPal account, a money order in U.S. dollars is acceptable. I will send the buyer a PM with the address where the money order should be sent. The item will be shipped after payment is received. Payment must be received within 10 business days, or the sale will become void.

After payment is received, I will donate the item’s $89.00 price via PayPal to SantasSleigh.org, which is affiliated with the Merry Network.

Holiday 12-02-2012 09:20 PM

Beautiful!!! You did such a great job!!! :-D

MerryCarey 12-03-2012 08:27 PM

Wonderful news for Santa's Sleigh!

An anonymous MMC member bought and paid for this afghan, then immediately re-donated it to MMC. So $89 has already gone to Santa's Sleigh, thanks to this generous donor, and the afghan is still available for purchase---meaning that if any of you buy this afghan before the deadline, Santa's Sleigh will receive another $89.

:???:Thank you and Heaven's blessings, Anonymous!:???:

MerryCarey 12-05-2012 02:20 PM

More good news for Santa's Sleigh!

Yet another anonymous MMC member has paid for the afghan and re-donated it to MMC. (This brings a whole new dimension to re-gifting!) Our second buyer/donor rounded up the donation to $100---so Santa's Sleigh has now received $200* from anonymous buyer/donors, and the afghan is still available for sale.

:transform:A big thank-you to both anonymous "angels"!:transform:

*I added $11 to the original buyer/donor's contribution to make it a round $100.

Jeff Westover 12-05-2012 02:57 PM

This is exciting and gratifying. Thank you, Merry Carey, for such a wonderful contribution to this year's effort. It is fun to see it involving so many people.

xmastidings 12-12-2012 01:39 PM

Since this event is over, I personally think that things such as this is wonderful idea and also lots of fun. Just like for example, when we did the auction sometime back, I thought it was fun to place a bid and to also keep watch on the most current bids... I would like/ hope to see something like that again in the future (with all kinds of things), and all the proceeds could then help to go to Santa's Sleigh!

Maureen 12-17-2012 04:19 AM

Is the afghan still for sale???

MerryCarey 12-17-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 488649)
Is the afghan still for sale???

I'm sorry, but no. When the sale closed, one of our donors wished to have it shipped anonymously to a friend. The donor paid for the postage, and the afghan is on its way to its new home.

HollyJolly 07-13-2013 12:55 PM

The throw was terrific and the repeated purchases were also awesome!