Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hallmark has cancelled their Mickey's Christmas Carol ornament series! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50543)

sublimesting 04-29-2013 07:48 AM

Hallmark has cancelled their Mickey's Christmas Carol ornament series!

I am shocked by this move. From what I've heard they were always great sellers. What a shame too as they had so much potential. I was so looking forward tothe ghosts of Christmas past and future and Donald as Fred. At least I have the figures they released a few years ago on display.

Christmas Knight 04-29-2013 10:43 AM

Booooo!!

trackrebel 04-29-2013 11:08 AM

not cool

Yuletide Junkie 04-29-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimesting (Post 519066)
I am shocked by this move. From what I've heard they were always great sellers. What a shame too as they had so much potential. I was so looking forward tothe ghosts of Christmas past and future and Donald as Fred. At least I have the figures they released a few years ago on display.

The Ghost of Christmas Was isn't the only thing that is past, now.:-o

redkaga 04-29-2013 03:53 PM

I expected these to be big sellers, but the last couple years there have been a bunch on the shelves of our local Hallmark stores even when they were reduced 70%.

I wonder if the fact that Mickey's Christmas Carol isn't showing on network TV anymore makes a difference in its popularity.

I was watching a couple Siskel and Ebert clips on YouTube after Ebert died, and I was surprised to see that neither of them liked Mickey's Christmas Carol when it was released.

sublimesting 04-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redkaga (Post 519189)
I expected these to be big sellers, but the last couple years there have been a bunch on the shelves of our local Hallmark stores even when they were reduced 70%.

I wonder if the fact that Mickey's Christmas Carol isn't showing on network TV anymore makes a difference in its popularity.

I was watching a couple Siskel and Ebert clips on YouTube after Ebert died, and I was surprised to see that neither of them liked Mickey's Christmas Carol when it was released.

How can this be. I'd expect a Disny Christmas ornament to sell big whether it was shown on TV or not. Maybe we are looking at it through Christmas colored glasses though?

'Tis the season 05-18-2013 11:00 AM

I didn't collect this range myself but I do feel sorry for those who did and invested money, only to not be able to complete the collection the way they intended. It's awful how some company's treat customers. I suppose it all comes down to money. It is a pity even if the product was not put on general release that some special order only system couldn't be used to allow those collecting to complete.

redkaga 05-18-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Tis the season (Post 522936)
I didn't collect this range myself but I do feel sorry for those who did and invested money, only to not be able to complete the collection the way they intended. It's awful how some company's treat customers. I suppose it all comes down to money. It is a pity even if the product was not put on general release that some special order only system couldn't be used to allow those collecting to complete.

I don't believe Hallmark ever gives a projection as to the number of ornaments they'll release in a series. I also don't think there's much reason to feel cheated, unless you started collecting something like a 12 Days of Christmas series only to have them stop after 8 ornaments. With Mickey's Christmas Carol, I think they've run through a good number of the main characters, leaving out Willie the Giant and Pete, who are certainly lesser characters in the overall Disney pantheon.

Christmasstar 05-18-2013 01:15 PM

I can find nothing on line about them cancelling these popular ornaments and their 2013 dream book is loaded with them.
Are you sure your sources are telling you the truth?

redkaga 05-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmasstar (Post 522951)
I can find nothing on line about them cancelling these popular ornaments and their 2013 dream book is loaded with them.
Are you sure your sources are telling you the truth?

If you're still speaking of Mickey's Christmas Carol, the 2013 Cratchit and Tim is clearly identified as the final in the series.

My example of 12 Days of Christmas being ended early is not happening. I was just illustrating when I think you'd have a right to be mad about a line being discontinued.