Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What's your first sign of Christmas 2013? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50898)

KWasser 06-14-2013 12:38 PM

What's your first sign of Christmas 2013?

It's that time again!

A couple of weeks ago, at my office place, someone brought in a new Hallmark Keepsake Dreambook 2013, and left it in the waiting room. It really caught my eye, but I didn't touch it at first, because I wanted to leave it for the customers stopping by, but someone else brought it back to the break room for employees, and I must admit, I've been flipping through it every day on my lunch break! It looks like this, for the record. It's a real beauty.

And it struck me, this is my first sign of Christmas for the 2013 year! That's been over the last few days. But just today, I went over to Hobby Lobby, and found they were JUST STARTING to pull out Christmas decorations and beginning to put them out for sale!

It always feels like around this time of year, as we approach the 2nd (and best) half of the year, that you may start to encounter your first glimpse of Christmas for the year!

So what's your first sign of Christmas 2013?!? (or have you seen one yet?)

:wiggy:

ballcoach 06-14-2013 12:48 PM

Oh, good thread!

My first sign was several things. The first was when our local zoo announced the dates for the Zoo Christmas Lights. Also, we just set the date for our school Christmas play....those are signs it is coming for me!

snowflake22 06-14-2013 01:09 PM

Wonderful thread!!

Mine would be the Dream Book, as well!! I picked mine up last month, and know exactly which ornaments I will pick up at their CIJ open house :)

I was also at a gift store & flower shop in the country that does many holiday activities, and saw a sign there that they do sleigh rides with Santa over Christmas time!!
Hope I'm not too old for that, because it sounds like a lot of fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sugar142286 06-14-2013 02:40 PM

My first real sign, was last week at the beach. There is a huge Christmas shop that we always go to while we're there. I buy ornaments and Christmas gifts. I enjoy just walking through the store and browsing as well.

Festive Spirit 06-17-2013 02:05 AM

This thread really makes me feel excited! Well so far I think my first sign for this year is spotting this thread!! LOL ! For me it's a sure sign that we are on our way!!

It's thrilling to know that over the next few months the signs will get more and more plentiful for all of us. I am going to love keeping up with this thread and seeing the momentum build......

Clark 06-17-2013 06:37 AM

I'd love that...vacation with a dash of Christmas thrown in!

Clark 06-17-2013 06:42 AM

First sign of Christmas..

It might have been getting the bill for the ornaments I order each year from The Danbury Mint..lol. Listening to "new" albums I've collected from the library and checking this site of course!:smile:

Yuletide Junkie 06-17-2013 12:56 PM

I spotted the first ad of the season for T Kincaid Christmas merchandise, last week.

ClaireLovesChristmas 06-18-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 529001)
This thread really makes me feel excited! Well so far I think my first sign for this year is spotting this thread!! LOL ! For me it's a sure sign that we are on our way!!

It's thrilling to know that over the next few months the signs will get more and more plentiful for all of us. I am going to love keeping up with this thread and seeing the momentum build......

Same here!! I love the 2nd half of the year when the build up begins!! just seeing this thread is my first sign!! here in the uk we will probably get our first things in the shops in september time! x

Festive Spirit 06-18-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas (Post 529255)
Same here!! I love the 2nd half of the year when the build up begins!! just seeing this thread is my first sign!! here in the uk we will probably get our first things in the shops in september time! x

:) Yes! Once the kids go back to school in September.........the end of summer marks the begiining as the shops start putting things out!!