Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gifting (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   what do you get for an 80yr old lady? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52659)

MrsEd 10-16-2013 05:47 PM

what do you get for an 80yr old lady?

Evening All,
I am really stuck on what to buy my Aunt. Although she is 80 she is very young at heart with a modern sense of style & has everything she needs/wants. Perfume, ornaments & clothing are all out.....last year we got her an electric blanket, I have even made her a hamper filled with everything she loves.....this wasnt received with the joy I thought it would be. Recently she has had problems with her eyes so books are off the list too.
I am really out of ideas so would love to hear some of yours. I am in the UK so some stores I see mentioned in posts haven't made it here , please help! :?

Jeff Westover 10-16-2013 06:07 PM

Might I humbly suggest something related to family history. If you know someone who does this work it makes a fantastic gift. Written histories are the best but pictures, pedigree charts, etc are a favorite for many people. Not available in a store and perhaps a lot of work to secure but there is time to put something together that other family members might be able to help with.

xmastidings 10-16-2013 06:54 PM

Here's a thought;

One year, I bought a large picture and made a collage of various photo's of my grandparents from the time they got married in 1939 all the way up until my grandmother passed away in 1996. My grandfather just turned 95, and he still loves that gift I made for him....

JayIsh 10-17-2013 12:30 PM

An 80 year old man???

badumpbump...:dance:

Minta 10-18-2013 12:47 PM

how about gift certificate to her favorite store, hair dresser or place to dine out at?

Mumof2 10-18-2013 07:24 PM

I know you can have picture's made into pillow,blankets,mugs etc.. maybe look into that. or maybe a family day,with you and a few ladies in the family,mani's,pedi's,lunch etc..let us know whatcha got her!

trackrebel 10-19-2013 02:37 AM

that is really hard......I have the same problem with my grandmother....she pretty much has everything....if I ask her, she tells me to save my money and that she is just happy we are around.....of course that is not option

trackrebel 10-19-2013 02:39 AM

to answer....maybe something homemade...does she have a favorite band or singer?

momnan30 10-19-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayIsh (Post 565009)
An 80 year old man???

badumpbump...:dance:

Tee hee!

momnan30 10-19-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumof2 (Post 565332)
I know you can have picture's made into pillow,blankets,mugs etc.. maybe look into that. or maybe a family day,with you and a few ladies in the family,mani's,pedi's,lunch etc..let us know whatcha got her!

Great ideas...a ladies day would probably be so much fun for her!