View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
That's a bummer! You'll just have to dig around here for some of the offerings from the left of your radio dial!
I used to have 3 stations to choose from but, 1 went into mixing it into the regular play and 1 played 24 hours but, it's under new direction this year. The other station played it for the most part but, started doing it only on the weekends. I listen to the radio at work and can't tune into a computer as I don't have one near me. I think it stinks! I also found this article on the computer about the 3 stations here in Pittsburgh:
The truth about Christmas Music

By Eric O Brien
Pittsburgh:
The Christmas Music stunt heard over the weekend on WWSW (94.5) was to introduce the on-demand options for Christmas music on the station's website. Last year (and we must admit we forgot) 3-W-S sprinkled Christmas favorites into the regular format and increased play as time marched closer to Christmas. That is apparently the plan for this year as well. WSHH (99.7) and WLTJ (92.9) both went all Christmas last year, Wish started on Light-Up Night while Lite Rock (as it was called at the time) started on Thanksgiving. No word on whether the two stations will continue that trend this year.
In recent years, stations who go all Christmas usually gain listeners and that's always a plus for the advertisers.

I think that the last sentence is very interesting that stations usually gain listeners. Why would they not want to do it? I forwarded this on to the 3 stations and have also been sending them emails. I'm sure if I keep it up they'll block my email address! Maybe we can get everyone on here to send them emails telling them how much they want Christmas music played!