View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post

I get my strength from my father. After his bout with cancer seven years ago, he nearly died, as a result from the type of cancer he had and the treatments, he has to eat from a feeding tube in his stomach, yet he still cooks for my mom, company, his bridge buddies, and watches cooking shows on T.V. He's still working and enjoys golfing and travelling so it hasn't put a damper on him, I think it's harder on us knowing he can't eat.
You just opened my eyes to stop my whining. Like I mentioned before I have some food allergies and absolutely cannot have wheat/gluten and dairy. I also cut out sugar. That seems to be in all Christmas desserts and going through the holidays can be a little tough on me. Knowing what your father has to go through, I need to be VERY THANKFUL that I can at least eat.

I am glad to hear your father can continue on with the things he loves to do!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (06-06-2011)