View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,482 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Thanks, momnan30. I hope I'm not giving the wrong impression. I'm doing fine with it all. I just find eating healthy while being active to be more work than I anticipated and in the effort to not eat wrong I find myself not eating at all some days. I know that's not right.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not feeling this great dynamic change. Not that I was feeling that bad before, honestly. But I thought by working on improving my diet, sleeping with more regularity (I'm getting 6.5 hours a night now, up from the 4 to 5 I was getting before) and exercising that I would feel much better than I do. But I find my energy levels still taxed especially in the heat.

I'm not turing back though. Starting this during the summer, for whatever reason, is easier. I find fall and winter foods to be my comfort foods and likely my "worst" time of the year. So if there's a relapse coming that's when it will happen.

When I was younger I could lose weight by just thinking about it. Not quite the case these days!
It does start out as a chore to eat healthy but it becomes easy and a habit.

I agree that eating at fast foods is very difficult and I usually settle for a salad but those are not always too filling since they usually just have some iceberg lettuce and a few tomatoes. I am use to using tons of veggies on my salad and beans to add protein. Your best bet is to find a restaurant that has a salad bar that you can do take out and that way you can get a good filling healthy salad and your choice of toppings!

I agree with the whole energy thing! I am about to spill my guts on that one soon when I have time. One of the main things I corrected through eating changes is getting rid of the stomach issues but still fighting fatigue no matter how many LOADS of good food and supplements I put in my system. There has been some improvement but I expect more! I guess more doctor visits are heading my way soon. Don't mean to go off topic about me and I will get into that one later with this group for some help. I won't go back to old ways of eating because it was a lot harder on my system and I could barely get out of bed.

I think in your case you have only gone on this route for a short time and it might take a few more weeks to feel some improvement. In my case I should have felt that long ago. It's been over 2 years for me.

Keep up the good work, Jeff!

I have had 6 interuptions while trying to type this. Kids are busy! That's why I am tired. Ha ha! I can't wait until I can participate in the Healthy topics again.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-11-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011)