View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
When it comes to food and eating, I'm not a patient person. Between a full time job and MMC, I work easily 15-18 hours a day and other than dinner time with my family -- which I know my wife makes balanced and healthy -- eating is a real burden for me.

I have an allergy to tomatoes -- a mild one -- and eating them fresh is really an issue. Cooked, not so much. Most salads "out there" tend to focus on lettuce, tomatoes and carrots. I don't care much for beans on my salad, though I do love beans. Nuts are more of my topping of choice, sunflower seeds mostly or pumpkin seeds. But finding a salad I like that doesn't have the fresh tomatoes and DOES have what I want without all the dressing slopped on it is really a tough thing to find.

So far, my best lunches come from a quick trip to the grocery store to grab something from the produce department.

I'm really missing fresh sandwiches, which I can no longer have due to the gout. Deli meats are high in whatever they call that stuff that gives you gout....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-11-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011)