View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,039 Times in 9,627 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I have kicked it back into gear after the holidays too! I lost 35 lbs on Weight watchers in 2009 & towards the end of 2011/holidays I managed to gain 9 lbs back. Wellll, it's time to get rid of them!!! I can't believe I let that happen! We are going on a cruise in March & that is great motivation. I recently started doing Yoga. I have never done it before. I bought a dvd - Gwen Lawrence who combines Yoga & strength training...it might be b/c I'm new at it, but it's a work out!!! I would highly reccomend the dvd called Fit Body Yoga. My sister/sil are coming over tomorrow night & we are thinking about having Yoga night 1 night per week. I am still walking 4+ miles every morning with my girlsfriends. I also dug the stairmaster out again last week. Feels so good to get on there again. Over the weekend I pulled out my Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd...I forgot how good of a workout that is. I'm going to keep plugging along with hopes to get rid of these 9 lbs & if I can get rid of a few more that would be great too as I'm pretty sure I will be gaining at least a few on the cruise. EEK!!!
I LOVE yoga!!! If you have On Demand on your cable they also have yoga instructional videos. I follow those and some on youtube. Sometimes I just do my own thing.

You might be surprised but I actually lost weight on my cruise and NOT TRYING! (my doc says I need to gain some). Both times I went on one I lost weight. You just stay so busy and yes you eat a lot but there is so much running around you burn it off. The first cruise I went on I hit the gym daily but I didn't on the last one and lost weight on both of them. (just a few pounds).

So you should be fine. With all the running around on the ship you might lose weight no matter how much you eat.