View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,887 Times in 9,592 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I don't have any Beatles music on CD, I have an old cassette somewhere around here. The fitness centre at our gym has the local radio station on, but most of the cardio machines have plug-ins for your music or you can watch TV, you can even charge your cell phone while you work out. I prefer my tunes for sure. Although some of my music would pop up on a local radio dial, I don't wait around for it. The stuff in between isn't very motivating. I can't understand the folks who just watch TV or read magazines while they work out.
I actually sometimes just like to watch TV when I workout or sometimes complete silence. That is why it bothers me that the gym insist on playing the same loop all day long and loud. Sometimes it actually drowns out my mp3 player! They do have a couple of tv's but the volume down with the caption on. My mother workouts at the gym with me. She cannot workout without her mp3 player. She has a lot of hip hop on hers along with Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye and a few others.

My mom is 69 years old and runs circles around me!!! She works out a full hour and a half 4 days a week. She loves the elliptical machine and can seem to stay on that thing forever! (you can tell I'm proud of her taking such good care of herself!). Okay, I got off topic for a minute, back to music! =)

It is Bally's that I am a member of and LA Fitness bought them out. My mom and I went to visit another location of LA Fitness and they actually play a variety of music of all genres and all from all generations. I am not selfish, they don't have to play just what I like but hey, throw in a little something I like! This gym did play music I liked and a few songs I didn't but that's okay! This gym also has the plug in to watch tv. The one I joined don't. I am now thinking that the old Bally's might change up since LA Fitness bought them out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-22-2012), caninemom3 (01-22-2012)