View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Okay, Labor Day ended a couple weeks ago, and it's usually shortly after Labor Day that radio stations start advertising for Christmas concerts. I remember last year Trans Siberian Orchestra was coming to town in Mid November, and they started advertising the day after Labor Day! Accompanying these Christmas concert advertisements are sometimes signs of when the station is going to switch formats and switch over the Christmas music 24/7!

Post in this thread if your local radio station has begun advertising for Christmas concerts (or other Christmas festivities)!

I'll start with this:

Last year, KFKF, Country 94.1, in Kansas City, Missouri started advertising around this time last year for Trans-Siberian Orchestra and started promoting themselves as "K.C.'s All-New Christmas station!" (marking this as the first time they've switched over the Christmas music).

A brief look at their website now, and we see this year they're advertising for Christmas concerts for Martina McBride, The Oak Ridge Boys, and yes, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming to town again! Also, I notice they're advertising themselves as KC's ONLY Christmas Station!" (apparently all the other stations that have gone Christmas in previous years, have changed formats).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (09-22-2012), Storeytime (09-26-2012)