View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,206 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Robert Drake's 19th Annual "The Night Before on XPN"

WXPN 88.5 & 88.7 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Robert Drake is back for the 19th year for his annual 24 hour Christmas marathon show "The Night Before on XPN".

Drakes show will began at 12 midnight Eastern on December 24. That means a six hour overlap with Jon Solomon on WPRB which begins at 6 pm on December 24. DAR.fm solves that problem!

Like Solomon, Drake will host a live chat and studio web camera.

From the webpage:

The 19th Annual The Night Before on XPN
24 Nonstop Hours on the 24th Day of December!
From midnight to midnight December 24, 2012

Robert Drake here excited to once again host The Night Before on XPN!

It was 19 years ago when WXPN came to me, with those puppy-dog eyes, hoping that I'd fill in on December 24. Seems no one was available, and in those days before digital, you needed a body to oversee any programming. So, I agreed - as long as they gave me complete freedom to spin an aural web of sounds of the season - direct from my collection of holiday tunes. What they didn't know was that I had already developed a fascination for Christmas songs. Not the burnt cookies anyone can hear up and down the dial in December. My collection was chock-full of unique nuggets - some not given the light of day for decades.

So, they agreed to give me three hours and I delivered. The three hours went to four - which went to six and then to twelve, to celebrate twelve years of tradition! In 2007 management asked what I planned to do to top my 12-hour marathon the previous year. I said, how 'bout 24 hours?! After checking my pulse and temperature - just to be sure I wasn't babbling under some illness - they agreed. So, for the last five years, I've been on the air for 24-nonstop hours.

And now I am doing it all again!

Make request on The Jingle Line at 215-573-WXPN

Storeytime (12-02-2012)