View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,693 Times in 6,004 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
My converted tree (used to be a pre-lit tree, I had bought a prelit tree and cut all the lights out of it), is working like a champ with all the light strands that I had put on myself.

I did hear one complaint from my wife, she didn't like the way the christmas light wires looked draped all around the tree.. I have to admit, those factory workers in China, sure do a really good job of tieing all those wires to each branch so you cannot see them....
I did a little research on the Internet before my unlit tree arrived this year. The secret seems to be to wrap the light string around the branches---which also helps to light up the tree from the inside and give it a "glow." There are some YouTube videos (including one from Bronner's) that demonstrate how. I did mine that way, and I only had to tie down the wires in a couple places where I plugged a new string into the previous string, in order to hide the plugs back toward the trunk. Plan on using plenty of lights if you do it this way.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-04-2014), xmas365 (12-27-2012), xmastidings (02-06-2014)