View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Clear Channel Stations

Even with my disdain for corporate broadcast crap radio, in all fairness here is a look at Clear Channel Holiday programming. Even though your favorite radio station may air local advretising and offer limited local programming, it may be receiving a feed from the mother ship. So here is what you might hear this year on your "Station for the Holidays." Believe me, you should demand better!

http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/for.../christmas.htm From the website:

The Christmas Hits Channel (CH 1017) Available

A very tight list of high testing traditional Christmas favorites. This playlist is exactly the same as what is aired on FM stations each Holiday season. Titles include: Bing Cosby 'White Christmas'; Nat King Cole 'Christmas Song'; Jose Feliciano 'Feliz Navidad'. Recommend for: All stations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Christmas Variety Channel (CH 1012) Available

This channel includes all the songs featured on Christmas Hits plus deep familiar variety. Where Christmas Hits will play only the Bing Cosby version of White Christmas, this channel airs that title plus other artist versions of the same song in a packet rotation. The hits plus deep familiar variety (different versions of the hits) from a range of music formats (AC, Urban, Smooth Jazz, Traditional, excluding country). Recommend for: Stations which would like to offer a Christmas stream to their audience without duplicating and directly competing with a sister FM airing the Christmas Hits format in the same market.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Christmas Pop Music Channel (CH 1019) Available

A Christmas channel featuring contemporary artist performances of Holiday songs. This is intended for stations who would like to offer a more contemporary or POP music Christmas stream to their audience. Artists include: Madonna, Bon Jovi; Mariah Carey; Eurythmics; Kelly Clarkson. Recommend for: Hot AC and CHR stations.

The Christmas R&B Channel (CH 3006) Available

This channel offers the R&B version of the Christmas Hits playlist plus other Urban Holiday classics. Artists include: Luther Vandross, Brian McKnight, Nat King Cole, Al Green, Alicia Keys, Ashanti, Stevie Wonder. Recommend for: Urban stations.

The Christmas Country Channel (CH 1013) Available

This channel airs the Christmas Hits playlist in traditional and Country style plus a variety of Country Holiday classics. Artists include: Garth Brooks; Alabama, Amy Grant, Kenny Rogers and Leann Rimes. Recommend for: Contemporary and Classic Country stations who do not stream Christmas Hits.

The Christmas Standards Channel (CH 1018 ) Available

This channel offers the Standards version of the Christmas Hits playlist plus other nostalgic classics. Artists include: Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Michael Buble. Recommend for: Nostalgia stations.

The AC Channel (CH 1016) Available
This channel is available for Mainstream AC and Lite AC stations wishing to stream online a format similar to their regular programming during their Christmas music programming. A tight AC playlist blending today's hits with yesterdays favorites.

(I really had to restrain myself here folks! - RJD)