View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,066 Times in 13,425 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
These are baked in a muffin tin to create single-serving-size pies. (Caveat: I haven't tried the recipe myself, but it sounded good enough to pass along!)

Ingredients:
  • Pumpkin pie filling (enough for a 9-inch pieŚcanned, or prepared in advance)
  • Two pre-made 9-inch circles of pie dough
  • Round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter (or use a bowl, a jar, etc. about the same size)

Cut twelve 4-inch circles from the pie dough.

Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Place each circle of dough into a cup. Press the circle in to form a cup shape. Prick or score the bottom of each dough cup with a fork.

Pour filling into each cup to level with the top.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes; then turn the heat down to 350F and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes.

Remove muffin tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to allow the filling to set.

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top of each pie.
I like this idea, it is like tarts. It owuld be great for a potluck, much easier to serve. Thanks for passing it along.