View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,175 Times in 3,094 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I lost over 100 pounds 6 yrs. ago. Due to the fact I took care of my Dad before he died, I quit walking. Then I went into deep depression after losing my wonderful father and best friend.

So I had to start all over again, which I did this past May. To date I've lost 38 pounds and started my walking routine. I conquered the big hill behind my house this past Sunday which is totally awesome since I also have knee trouble.

I just want to share what I have found to inspire me.

It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"

Have I reached my goal? No, but I will because the "hard" I choose is to lose weight.

Previously I lost weight on South Beach Diet, which is excellent. I could not mentally get back on South Beach. This time I used Haylie Pomroy's book
"The Fast Metabolism Diet. It worked for me. Now I just combine the two diets plus walking, working out on my glider.

If I can't walk outside, I use Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walking DVD. Not expensive and available at Amazon and most retailers.

I sincerely hope my info. will help and inspire for it's a daily walk.
That is so awesome!!! Good for you!!! I had that saying "It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"" on my fridge for a long time!! It's so true!! And I love the Leslie Sansone dvd's!!! It's that time of year I'll probably be getting them out again! Good luck to you - keep up the GREAT work!!! You go girl!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-28-2013), Seawaters (11-19-2013)