Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,016
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Back by popular demand! Okay, ONE person from Christmas Talk missed this year’s July 25 debut, but what the heck. I’ll take it and run with it.

The Fourth Annual Christmas Radio Programming and Schedule Round-Up!

The usual - copied and pasted from 2009 (…and 2008 and…):
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
The usual:

Like its annual Christmas TV counterpart thread, this Radio version will keep track of stations airing seasonal programming.

Many commercial broadcast stations will become “Your Official Holiday/Christmas Station” in November.

Likewise, many Public Radio Stations will air special programming for the entire holiday season, starting with Halloween and Thanksgiving themes. Personally, I like these type programs because they explore music other than the top 100 or so Christmas tunes that commercial broadcast radio wear out every year.

As you learn of stations making the switch to all Christmas, post ‘em here. List the station call sign, frequency and city. Also be sure to include a station link, especially if they stream their audio online! Here are a couple of starting places that list as many all Christmas stations as they can:

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

http://www.web-radio.fm/christmas/ (includes broadcast and online stations)

Sirius XM and their associated Satellite TV channels should be included here too!

I’m hopeful that someone in the UK will research and post all Christmas radio/audio related content with station links so that we may partake! I still haven’t developed a method for researching sites such as BBC Radio.

We always invite people from all countries to share your stations as well!

As always, I reserve the right to quote anyone starting another thread or posting anywhere else about their station(s) “going all Christmas” here in this thread. In their initial excitement, some folks will overlook this thread!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
beatlesfan96 (10-29-2010), ChristmasFanatic56 (11-08-2010), Dinsdale Kringle (10-30-2010), hilarios (10-01-2010), lilnoelelf (10-07-2010), sugar142286 (10-11-2010), VeganChristmasBaby (11-09-2010), xmas365 (11-02-2010)
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas Across The Lands

Just like last year we begin thusly:

Once again, right out of the chute (shoot?) I could have actually started this thread in April. That’s when Randy Sherwyn started on the 2010 iteration of “Christmas Across The Lands.”

http://www.christmasacrossthelands.com/

Each year since 1999, Sherwyn has produced this twelve hour Christmas radio show for syndication on radio stations throughout the US and beyond. Perhaps you’ll hear this show on your local station.

Make sure to check the 2009 playlist and demo.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010), lilnoelelf (10-07-2010), Randy Sherwyn (06-25-2011)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:12 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Music Choice

http://www.musicchoice.com/

Somewhere in the first listings last year was Music Choice featured on subscribing U.S. TV cable franchises. Well, MsChristmas beat me to it this year!

from 07.08.2010:
Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Im not sure what cable TV carrier you all have and if they offer the "Music Choice" Music channels? If they do I’m sure most of you are aware of the "Sounds of the Season" channel? Well I just found on their website that they will be starting their Christmas music on the TV channel "Sounds of the Season" on November 2nd this year. Im very happy about this!!!!!! Just wanted to share!!!
If I’m reading the website correctly, Music Choice also offers their subscription service to businesses as well. You may hear this at the mall, in the doctor’s office, the junkyard, your favorite craft store, the liquor store, the ceramic shed in your neighbor’s back yard,… . Looks like one can even download a mobile edition of Music Choice.

I couldn’t locate a schedule for Christmas content like in years past, but MsChristmas did and the festivities start November 2, 2010.

Thank You MsChristmas!

BTW: Listen out for Halloween music on the same channel in October.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 08-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010), lilnoelelf (10-07-2010)
Old 08-13-2010, 07:45 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Custom Channels 2010

Every year I point out that several companies provide Christmas programming for commercial radio stations. It is possible that the local station in Boston is airing the exact programming as a station in Los Angeles. The only difference will be "break ins" with local commercials and season greetings by local personalities, etc.

One such company called Custom Channels also helps with radio station holiday web page design. Here is Custom Channels' 2010 Holiday Music Channel Station Checklist.

Note the sentence, "Many stations want to start on Friday, November 19." Could be your local station!

Also, here's a look Custom Channels' Christmas pages. -

http://www.customchannels.net/christmas.php

http://www.customchannels.net/christ...um_channel.php

Don't miss the quick links on the right to hear demos and see sample playlists! You'll get an idea of the cost involved with going all Christmas too.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

JE has shown a merry disposition
santahat The Roy Holliday Show

We'll be back on the air, going all Christmas Labor Day weekend on the Roy Holliday Show over at http://www.live365.com/stations/royholliday or http://www.royholliday.com .

Live shows, featuring more obscure tracks, begin 11/7 and repeat every Sunday through Christmas.

Should be a fun year,
Jeff
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JE For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010), lilnoelelf (10-07-2010), RadioJonD (08-20-2010)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Coming Up Dry / A Challenge

I intended to update this thread each Friday until the 2010 season kicked in much like I did in 2009. Either there just isn't as much information available this early or my enthusiasm is waning. Perhaps it's a little of both, eh? Seems as we are way behind from this time last year.

Feel free to help me dig! Just remember that we aren't looking for internet Christmas stations (as in the previous post), only over the air or satellite radio stations. However, we do include audio sources that broadcast in stores during the season.

Happy Hunting!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 06:41 AM

Randy Sherwyn has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree Update

Thanks for the plug. Tho you'd need to change that date from April to February as to when I start working on "Christmas Across the Lands". Really, that's when I start writing, getting new jingles, etc. The 2010 show is done, 'cept for a few tweaks here and there. 2010 Demo in Sept. sometime.

As a side note, and I hope this isn't breaking the rules (as I'm not selling anything to listeners), I have put the 2009 12 hour Christmas Show looping online, and have also included 2 new Christmas songs that I wrote. They've been recorded by 2 fabulously talented singers from Philly. They're on the stream, and their individual websites will be up in a week or 2.
mychristmasheart.com
prettypleasemistersanta.com

Again, you can hear the songs there, there is no fee and they're not just clips. The looping 2009 show is a link at christmasacrossthelands.com

Great site, hope to be able to contribute, and learn.

Randy

Just like last year we begin thusly:

Once again, right out of the chute (shoot?) I could have actually started this thread in April. That’s when Randy Sherwyn started on the 2010 iteration of “Christmas Across The Lands.”

http://www.christmasacrossthelands.com/

Each year since 1999, Sherwyn has produced this twelve hour Christmas radio show for syndication on radio stations throughout the US and beyond. Perhaps you’ll hear this show on your local station.

Make sure to check the 2009 playlist and demo.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Randy Sherwyn For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (09-06-2010), hilarios (10-01-2010), lilnoelelf (10-07-2010), RadioJonD (09-05-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Great to have you back for 2010, mac55! Dig around and see what you can find!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:00 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Welcome Randy!

Thanks for the additional information about "Christmas Across the Lands", Randy! I think 2010 is the third year for us to mention you here in the "Radio Room". You may be our first celebrity here in the music/radio room! Looking forward to your input!

I have to sit on this thread each year or I would start it too early. February? Wow!

Not that we are in any competition to you, but check out our own Merry Christmas Radio on Live365.

Thanks for the tip on the 2009 loop!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-01-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Randy Sherwyn has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree Radio

I'm hardly a celebrity, I'd put me in the ELF Worker class!

Yes, I like your Live 365 station, just heard Lou Rawls "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". That's a great version of the song!

Randy

Thanks for the additional information about "Christmas Across the Lands", Randy! I think 2010 is the third year for us to mention you here in the "Radio Room". You may be our first celebrity here in the music/radio room! Looking forward to your input!

I have to sit on this thread each year or I would start it too early. February? Wow!

Not that we are in any competition to you, but check out our own Merry Christmas Radio on Live365.

Thanks for the tip on the 2009 loop!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy Sherwyn For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (09-06-2010), RadioJonD (09-05-2010)