Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 05-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Ask a Guru

Many of us here have either been trainers or are avid health and sports nuts... I personally am all three...
Feel free to ask us questions pertaining to this forum area and we will be happy to try and answer you based on our experience.

Remember - you need to exercise AND eat healthy to drop pounds safely and for the long term....
Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,643 Times in 13,342 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am so frustrated with my weight loss efforts. I did loose 50lbs. Then I gained 20 back. I am getting back on track, but need to know how to stay on track. I get stressed and eat. I get busy and eat. I get lazy and eat. How can I break this habit?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 PM

Last Achievements

rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
try

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I am so frustrated with my weight loss efforts. I did loose 50lbs. Then I gained 20 back. I am getting back on track, but need to know how to stay on track. I get stressed and eat. I get busy and eat. I get lazy and eat. How can I break this habit?
Stress is tough... and it makes us eat - alot.... i have found two things that help.. 1 is to use yoga or meditation when stressed... while listening to soothing music (Christmas - classical - is my taste).... another is finding something healthy to eat that cost you little in the calorie area... such as rice cakes or carrots....

In the end - working out or getting exercise always reduces stress.....
Old 05-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,643 Times in 13,342 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
never tried yoga, maybe I should, thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
I have such troubles getting motivated to work out, I have tried many different things and I just do not have the motivation. I want to be healthy, and fit, because I can feel my health declining by the food I eat. I have tried purchasing healthy foods only, but it can be difficult being a full time student as the food can be really expensive. According to my BMI I need to lose 20 lbs to be healthy... I don't even know where to start.

_missing you everyday CM <3
Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MichelleluvsChristmas View Post
I have such troubles getting motivated to work out, I have tried many different things and I just do not have the motivation. I want to be healthy, and fit, because I can feel my health declining by the food I eat. I have tried purchasing healthy foods only, but it can be difficult being a full time student as the food can be really expensive. According to my BMI I need to lose 20 lbs to be healthy... I don't even know where to start.
Here are some starters...
A. Are you on campus or off and do you have access to a kitchen?
B. Can you spare at least 15 minutes a day to start?
C. Have you ever tried tracking all foo intake (that means calories, fat, protein, and carbs)?
As a student - do you have access to a gym?
D. Do you have someone that can team up with you?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
present Answers

Originally Posted by rodmonster View Post
Here are some starters...
A. Are you on campus or off and do you have access to a kitchen?
B. Can you spare at least 15 minutes a day to start?
C. Have you ever tried tracking all foo intake (that means calories, fat, protein, and carbs)?
As a student - do you have access to a gym?
D. Do you have someone that can team up with you?
a. I am off campus and have my own kitchen
b. Yes I do have 15 free minutes to spare
c. No I haven't tried doing food calculations
d. No access to a gym. Have a yoga mat, bands, and that's about it.
e. I have my boyfriend who is currently into working out and eating healthy

_missing you everyday CM <3
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MichelleluvsChristmas View Post
a. I am off campus and have my own kitchen
b. Yes I do have 15 free minutes to spare
c. No I haven't tried doing food calculations
d. No access to a gym. Have a yoga mat, bands, and that's about it.
e. I have my boyfriend who is currently into working out and eating healthy
A. Good. Nothing to keep you from control and trying new things.
B. 15 min a day is a good to start to get you in the habit and start burning calories. After doing that for a few weeks you can move up gradually. Doing at least 30 min a day is where you want to get to.. Its turning it into part of your daily habit that you need to focus.... and trying to find a way to look forward to it. Keep your goals in mind....
C. It is SOOOO important... it helps you see your intake, where you need more, and when to stop... Try it for just a few days and you will be major surprised.
D.Yoga - is a good start as well.... Going for walks or doing stairs is also a good burner and can be fun to do. If you have a Wii or other game system - many of them have yoga and exercise games. We use them here at our house.... give them a try as well since you cant hit the gym.
E. If you have him then you are halfway there. having a partner to workout with is very important and helps with motivation. he may be doing totally different workouts - but the two of you can still sync up on eating habits and goals. I would sit with him and run through a strategy to see where you two can sync up and then then what goals you can both set together... then make it a point to stay on each other as much as you can for motivation.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Stalled and stressed

In the past year I've lost 45 pounds. While I'm really proud of that, I seemed to have hit a plateau. It has hit at a very, VERY stressful time and I seem to be going backwards now. I know what I should be eating....yet money is so tight that I've fallen back onto cheaper, less healthy foods. I also have gotten really good results just from walking...but we've hit that time of year that is way too hot to walk outside. How can I:
1. Overcome the plateau?
2. Not get too discouraged and give up?
3. Eat healthy but not break the bank
4. Get back on track with exercising?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM

Last Achievements

=)

Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
In the past year I've lost 45 pounds. While I'm really proud of that, I seemed to have hit a plateau. It has hit at a very, VERY stressful time and I seem to be going backwards now. I know what I should be eating....yet money is so tight that I've fallen back onto cheaper, less healthy foods. I also have gotten really good results just from walking...but we've hit that time of year that is way too hot to walk outside. How can I:
1. Overcome the plateau?
2. Not get too discouraged and give up?
3. Eat healthy but not break the bank
4. Get back on track with exercising?

Thanks for the help.
1. You have to trick your body. I get stuck every now and again with weight lifting. When i do - i have to shock my muscles - by trying new work outs or training different. To go past the plateau you need to try different ways to burn fat and confuse your muscle groups. Add stairs to walks or some sprints in between. Try some wii xbox full body games - anything to to add to what you are doing now.
2. Having a workout partner really helps so you can both motivate each other. Setting a goal also is helpful. It can be a set of clothes, a spa day, or whatever. Just keeping a picture around on a daily basis helps to keep you focused.
3. This one can be tough. 2 things to try. 1 - get online and find a way to make healthy food whit what you can afford. You would be surprised at the healthy way to make just about anything. 2 - eat less. Ronnie Coleman (Pro Body Builder) was asked once about his food intake. He said he still ate cheeseburgers and pizza.... just not as much... and in controlled manner... calories and fat are still calories and fat.... if you have to buy certain foods - just make sure to cut down on the portions and try to set them in a protein positive way.