Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping » Anyone else love Christmas shopping? If so why?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Shopping Real Christmas Real Christmas brings you this merry topic area. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping for Christmas is as fun and challenging as ever. This forum discusses the art of Christmas Shopping. Please note our Forum Rules in regards to links posted in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,133
Threads: 54,250
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, sunni44

Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
Anyone else love Christmas shopping? If so why?

Personally I adore Christmas shopping. My wife kinda hates it. But what I love ABOUT IT IS BEING WITH MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER AND BEING ABLE TO BUY THINGS FOR OUR LOVED ONES. (SORRY caps). I like to imagine how happy they'll be when they open whatever it is we bought them. I love strolling the mall with a gingerbread Starbucks coffee, listening to holiday music and watching people be nice to each others for once. I love the decorations, the ambience and the camraderie.

Sadly I think all my wife sees is us "spending money". Every year she wants to buy less and less for people while I want to buy more and more. I up the budget every year. I buy for toys for tots and donat to various charities.

Shopping just makes me merry. "What, we have to check out another store?!!......Yes!!!!"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-20-2012), Festive Spirit (10-22-2012), joyful (12-02-2012), merrymistletoe (10-20-2012), momnan30 (01-18-2013), Spyells (10-22-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,659 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
I do love shopping, but I shop year-round because I LOVE a good deal! But there is nothing like the hustle and bustle, listening to the Christmas music and strolling with a cup of coffee (especially when my shopping is DONE and I can just enjoy the sights and sounds!!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (10-20-2012), momnan30 (01-18-2013)
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love hunting out bargains and Christmas shopping in general. It's about the only shopping I do like. I'm with your wife on being frugal though.

The way I shop is mostly online though so I think I miss out on some of the holiday buzz. But what I do is to play Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie while I shop online...so I guess that's a bit different than what you meant...still festive though.
Festive Spirit (10-22-2012), merrymistletoe (10-20-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Lately I've done a lot of online shopping. I can find better deals that way and it's faster and easier for me. But I love shopping for Christmas because of atmosphere in the stores. The festiveness of the mall, the lights, decorations, the store displays, the mall Santa, all of that makes me love Christmas shopping. I even find that the crowds add to the excitement as well. Hearing Christmas music play while I shop, carrying all the bags with goodies in them for everyone. It's so fun.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Cinder (10-23-2012), merrymistletoe (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 707 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I L.O.V.E. Christmas shopping! The atmosphere, the music, the intensity/anticipation/ satisfaction in finding the perfect gift/s and/or finding an awesome deal.

I like shopping online as well, because I can chill out in my jammies, with my coffee/hot chocolate while listening to Christmas tunes and checking out the different websites/comparison shopping.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I love everything about it. the planning,music,bundling up(when I was back home),bringing snacks to keep me going sitting in a cafe watching shoppers go by,trying to fit everything in the truck.I LOVE going shopping on Magazine St. in New Orleans,then Taking my Daughter to Teddy Bear Tea at the Roosevelt Hotel also in New Orleans.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (10-20-2012)
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,021 Times in 940 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
I do love shopping, but I shop year-round because I LOVE a good deal! But there is nothing like the hustle and bustle, listening to the Christmas music and strolling with a cup of coffee (especially when my shopping is DONE and I can just enjoy the sights and sounds!!)
Totally agree here judesmama...when it's all done, it's kind of fun to chill with a warm drink and watch people hustling and bustling! I always wonder what's in all their shopping bags and who is going to receive it...it's all about the smiles the presents bring and the love being shared.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Merry Fourms Member

merrybob has shown a merry disposition
I love Christmas shopping because...

I am excited about doing something for someone else, and I get to think about how excited they will be when they get their gift!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Gift 2

I love to give. It's what makes me happy. I listen and remember what I hear when someone expresses what they like so if I see the item I will pick it up.

It's not the most expensive item that brings joy to the receiver's heart, it's the thoughtful item. It's knowing that the presenter has really listened during the year and remember what brings joy to their heart.

It could be some as simple as a card that brings the joy. I found a very special card for my cousin with something that brings her joy on it and I can't wait to send it to her. She will love it.

Granted there are some people that can be difficult to know what to get them. Just do your best and give the gift with love!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and I both love Christmas shopping. WE enjoy shopping early in the season, when they stores don't have everything picked over. Of course, I always look for a good sale, and save a lot of money every year.