Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2008 Holiday Radio Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,251 Times in 2,295 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by elfworks View Post
babycakes, you forgot to mention my fave thing KGSR in austin, does the complete ALICE'S RESTAURANT live version on turkey day.

xox
Yeah, but you didn't! Thank you! Anybody can post their findings here! Don't wait for me!

Here's the station link that includes a listen link - http://www.kgsr.com/

What time does Alice's Restaurant air?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

WODS, Oldies 103.3 in Boston, Massachusetts

WODS, Oldies 103.3 in Boston, Massachusetts has gone all Christmas, at least from their web page. They haven't yet made the switch on the air.

‘Boston’s Holiday Music Channel’ - http://www.oldies1033.com/

Notice they don’t say Christmas. Most won’t, preferring to use Holiday. Personally, I would boycott those!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Music Choice - Nov 1 thru Dec 30, 2008

Not exactly radio, but for those with A/V systems tied together, I think this qualifies!

http://www.musicchoice.com/schedules...S_Schedule.pdf

If you are a Direct Satellite customer or if your cable company (I think Comcast does) carries the Music Choice audio channels, listen for their Sounds of the Seasons Christmas Channel to kick in November 1. It will run through December 30. Sounds of the Seasons alternates with the Pulse channel during the year.

Though the line up is rather bland, at least Music Choice calls it Christmas!

From the web page:

Christmas favorites past and present
featuring Bing Crosby's White Christmas as
well as contemporary holiday hits by artists
such as Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.

See also - http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=12375

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-31-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I found out today that our oldies station here isn't going to play christmas music on air this year. They are only going to have the 24/7 christmas music on their website. They will probably mix some in on air but that's not good enough for me!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I found out today that our oldies station here isn't going to play christmas music on air this year. They are only going to have the 24/7 christmas music on their website. They will probably mix some in on air but that's not good enough for me!
That's a bummer! You'll just have to dig around here for some of the offerings from the left of your radio dial!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
That's a bummer! You'll just have to dig around here for some of the offerings from the left of your radio dial!
I used to have 3 stations to choose from but, 1 went into mixing it into the regular play and 1 played 24 hours but, it's under new direction this year. The other station played it for the most part but, started doing it only on the weekends. I listen to the radio at work and can't tune into a computer as I don't have one near me. I think it stinks! I also found this article on the computer about the 3 stations here in Pittsburgh:
The truth about Christmas Music

By Eric O Brien
Pittsburgh:
The Christmas Music stunt heard over the weekend on WWSW (94.5) was to introduce the on-demand options for Christmas music on the station's website. Last year (and we must admit we forgot) 3-W-S sprinkled Christmas favorites into the regular format and increased play as time marched closer to Christmas. That is apparently the plan for this year as well. WSHH (99.7) and WLTJ (92.9) both went all Christmas last year, Wish started on Light-Up Night while Lite Rock (as it was called at the time) started on Thanksgiving. No word on whether the two stations will continue that trend this year.
In recent years, stations who go all Christmas usually gain listeners and that's always a plus for the advertisers.

I think that the last sentence is very interesting that stations usually gain listeners. Why would they not want to do it? I forwarded this on to the 3 stations and have also been sending them emails. I'm sure if I keep it up they'll block my email address! Maybe we can get everyone on here to send them emails telling them how much they want Christmas music played!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

AccuHolidays

Fri. October 24, 2008: AccuHolidays: Holiday Rock (rock artists perform your favorite holiday tunes)

http://www.accuradio.com/holidays/
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
Did this just start?
I remember this every year.

I heard Micheal Buble's Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow for the first time this morning on a Burlington radio station.

ML
Old 10-26-2008, 09:02 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas On The Radio 2008

Another syndicated radio show that may air in your area - http://www.christmasontheradio.com/

From the web-site:

Christmas On The Radio 2008 - a look back at 1948

This years program will focus on the Christmas of 1948, with some of that years out standing Christmas shows form the best known names in Radio. The program will also include selected shows from 1937 and 1957, taking listeners back to Christmases 50, 60, and 70 years ago.

In addition to the big stars such as Jack Benny, Fred Allen, Fibber McGee and Molly, George Burns and Gracie Allen and Jimmy Durante, you'll hear radio's greats such as Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy, Lum and Abner, Abbott and Costello, and Harold Perry as the Great Gildersleeve. You'll also hear dramatizations of Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, and that early 1947 movie that didn't become a Christmas tradition until the late 80's, It's a Wonderful Life. Comedy, Variety, Drama, and even Thrillers. They're all a part of Christmas on the Radio with Wyatt Cox.

Current list of radio stations that will air Christmas On The Radio 2008 –

KNAK-AM, Delta, UT
KHQN-AM, Spanish Fork, UT
KELY-AM, Ely, NV
KWNA AM/FM, Winnemucca, NV
KEPL-AM, Estes Park, CO
WQMA-AM, Marks, MS
WDOD-AM, Chattanooga, TN
WKJK-AM, Louisville, KY
WWAB-AM, Lakeland, FL
Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

2008 St. Olaf College Christmas Festival

http://www.stolaf.edu/christmasfest/broadcast.html

From the website:

The December 7 live broadcast of the 2008 St. Olaf Christmas Festival can be heard on the Internet via Minnesota Public Radio's online streaming service. Click on "listen" under the classical heading in the upper right corner of the page.

There is a listen link on the above web page for the 2007 Festival as well. Or you can ckick the link this quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
http://americanpublicmedia.publicrad.../st_olaf_xmas/

From the webpage:
Brian Newhouse hosts the St. Olaf Christmas Festival, a worship service of hymns, carols, choral works and orchestral selections that celebrates the birth of Christ.