Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Holiday in Handcuffs

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"Little Merry Christmas"......
By MerryCarey
05-24-2012 01:16 PM
51,657 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,079 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Decorating with Wreaths
By JeanetteDi
10-26-2011 04:05 PM
78,913 Views  0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,468 Views  0 Posts
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts

Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Thanks for bringing this movie to my awareness JanaBanana.
It looks really stupid and I will avoid it at all costs!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
You're welcome...trust me, you dont want to waste a day on this one.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I got in on this late so some of you have said it better than me, but here's my two cents. Just because you can't "shield" your kids from everything is not a good reason to not "shield" your kids from whatever you can whenever you can. I know some here don't believe in the Bible, but surely you can appreciate the wisdom in some of it's teachings. There is a Proverb that says, "Train up your children in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it." The key, and where so much of our world today is missing it, is teach them how they should go, not expose them to every kind of crap in the world and let them make up their own little minds at a time when they are not emotionally ready, mentally ready, or mature enough to know what is the best course.
I was not raised this way and I was a mess for years. The one good thing I can say about my loose upbringing is that it has given me an absolute determination to not make that same mistake with my kids. Yes, it makes them be different than many of their peers, but look around you in this world. It's easy to be like everyone else around you just to fit in. Nothing worth having is ever obtained by taking the easy path that is more heavily travelled.
Sorry if I seem preachy, but it's a very emotional issue for me. The way to destroy a culture is to rob childhood from the kids and that's exactly what is happening here in America.
JanaBanana (11-11-2008), Ms_Speedy_Elf (09-27-2008), RadioJonD (09-26-2008), snowytree (11-18-2008)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it saddens me the way this country (england) seems to be going with its youth. we are starting to get "gang culture" now and it really gets me down. i do believe in 90% of the cases it is the parents fault.

i have a half brother (my dad's son) and i have to be honest, his mother is a waste of space. she has no rules and regulations, she lets him play violent video games and her language is appalling. she and my dad are no longer together and i am so grateful that my dad has shared custody (although my dad has him alot more than his mum does) i believe if he were in her full time care he would be a terrible child. my dad is no saint by any stretch of the imagination, but he is a decent father. he takes no back chat, he expects his kids to treat others as they would want to be treated, he has strict bedtime rules, and he makes sure that child speaks properley and with curtesy. thankfully, he is a wonderful 9 year old child, and is so respectful. i think he will do very well in life.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,129 Times in 3,697 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
I got in on this late so some of you have said it better than me, but here's my two cents. Just because you can't "shield" your kids from everything is not a good reason to not "shield" your kids from whatever you can whenever you can. I know some here don't believe in the Bible, but surely you can appreciate the wisdom in some of it's teachings. There is a Proverb that says, "Train up your children in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it." The key, and where so much of our world today is missing it, is teach them how they should go, not expose them to every kind of crap in the world and let them make up their own little minds at a time when they are not emotionally ready, mentally ready, or mature enough to know what is the best course.
I was not raised this way and I was a mess for years. The one good thing I can say about my loose upbringing is that it has given me an absolute determination to not make that same mistake with my kids. Yes, it makes them be different than many of their peers, but look around you in this world. It's easy to be like everyone else around you just to fit in. Nothing worth having is ever obtained by taking the easy path that is more heavily travelled.
Sorry if I seem preachy, but it's a very emotional issue for me. The way to destroy a culture is to rob childhood from the kids and that's exactly what is happening here in America.

I think that´s how it goes on pretty much everywhere....We have big problems with the young kids as well....And I agree...somehow....kids are seen as little grown ups...when they are not...they are kids.....parents seem to be so eager for the kids to be grown up they forget the magic that childhood brings
The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
JanaBanana (11-12-2008)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Last Achievements

JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
YOU said it best! I too was raised very loosely and I swore I would do better by my own children. Even as a child I knew it was wrong.
Thank you

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I will hide from the snowballs that may be tossed my way as I say that I enjoyed this movie. I really thought it was cute and I love Melissa Joan Hart so that added to my overall impression of the movie, I'm sure. Of course, I understand that my filters for movies are different than many of you because I don't have children in my home full time so I only have to work within my own personal comfort level.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
I will hide from the snowballs that may be tossed my way as I say that I enjoyed this movie. I really thought it was cute and I love Melissa Joan Hart so that added to my overall impression of the movie, I'm sure. Of course, I understand that my filters for movies are different than many of you because I don't have children in my home full time so I only have to work within my own personal comfort level.

Don't worry....you're not the only one....I really liked it too!

*ducks snowballs*

Last edited by BooksNChristmas; 11-11-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typing error!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I never watched this movie but, I had already determined that I wouldn't like it because of the title. That's just how I am, if I don't like the title it's pretty hard for me to give it a try. I basically don't think that any of the movies on ABCFamily are any good and I don't like their 25 day of Christmas line up either. They only show 1 or 2 things that I can stand to watch. Other than that it's just crap.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
Of course, I understand that my filters for movies are different than many of you because I don't have children in my home full time so I only have to work within my own personal comfort level.
Yep you may feel differently if you had young sponges in your home full-time. Its really not a childrens show.. but then I really have to scratch my head at some parents way of thinking when it comes to letting their children watch these type of shows. I think Storeytime said it best.
Some parents dont filter anything.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}