Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Online » Greetings From Cool Yule Comics!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Online Christmas on the Internet -- it's what we do!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,126
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, MetalBlessing

Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,902 Times in 3,906 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
WOW! Nice comics, SC! I actually have the Superman Meets Santa Claus comic and the Santa Claus Funnies one with the toy train layout, too! I LOVE the other Santa Claus Funnies one, as well... it's my belief that you can never go wrong featuring your lead character on the cover of his/her book riding in a tiny clown car! Comedy gold!

I really like that Action Comics one, too! That was always the best part of collecting comics at Christmas time... the characters always got into the spirit of the season by helping Santa deliver toys or teaching some Scrooge-like wretch the true meaning of the season... I even have one where Batman, who spent the other eleven months of the year, brooding in his Batcave, spent Christmas Eve singing carols with the Gotham City Police Glee Club...

"Holy Breakout, Batman! The Joker's on the rampage again! Let's go!"

"Sorry, chum! Little Johnnie needs his Lego's and I'm the only one that can get them to him in time!"

I also remember the newspaper comic strips that were pure Christmas content and ran daily from about November 15th until Christmas Eve... usually written and drawn by a creator who was better known for some other strip... the last one I recall was some strip about an inept elf, written and drawn by Kevin Fagin (of Drabble fame) in the late 70's early 80's...

My sister still has her Tiger Beat collection... it's amusing to look at them now... all the covers featured Donnie Osmond, David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman or Leif Garrett... all middle aged men, now...

Great memories, gang! Keep 'em coming..!

Last edited by George Broderick, Jr.; 05-20-2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: typos

Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Just to keep this thread going and because we've been discussing Christmas Comics in the newspaper, here's the link to a complete newspaper continuity from the 1930's called Bobby's Christmas Dream... it's amazing...

http://www.barnaclepress.com/list.ph...ChristmasDream
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Hi George,
What other comics work have you done??
Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

I've been working professionally in comics since 1984 on a LOT of diverse titles... from 1990-1993 I was Art Director (then Editor-In-Chief) of Innovation Publishing, where we specialized in licenced comics from TV and movies... so, I got to work on Lost In Space and Quantum Leap comics and edit comic adaptations of the Anne Rice Vampire Lestat books.

Since then, I've done art on comics featuring Speed Racer, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Munsters and Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Currently, I'm heavily involved in producing my own, creator-owned Christmas comics (which can be seen elsewhere here on MMC).

For a more comprehensive look at my career, go here: http://www.georgebroderick.com/biography

Thanks for asking.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Back on the original thread topic of Christmas Comics, here's the link to a comic story by my good friend, Scott Roberts, that I had the great pleasure to publish (in black and white) back in 2002... he's posted it IN COLOR and it's truly a holiday delight!

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/scott...1&mpe=1&step=1

Navigation from strip to strip requires a scroll down the page below the comic.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

So, I hope everyone is checking out the DAILY Christmas comics featured here on MMC.

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/index.php?pageid=comics

This should be of special interest to our overseas members. The rising cost of postage makes it cost prohibitive for me to sell or send my Christmas Eve comics to the UK and other places abroad. So, as my gift to you folks, Jeff is running a page a day from now until Christmas Eve (HA!) of Eve's "secret origin" and first adventure. If you follow along every day, you'll get to at least see what your American cousins can get in printed form that you can't.

Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Keep up the great work...
George Broderick, Jr. (11-11-2008)
Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

So, I just finished a wonderful book for kids and adults called "Little Santa"... it's a picture graphic novel, told all in pantomime. Beginning or non-readers will be able to follow along easily and parents will have a ball "reading" the book with their young ones. The art style looks like the best of French or Belgian cartooning (and may be). I highly recommend it.

You can find it here:

http://www.nbmpub.com/humor/trondheim/lilsantahome.html
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

I wasn't sure where to post this link, here or in Retro... but since it involves online comics, I chose here...

Anyway, if you follow this link http://www.myebook.com/ebook_viewer.php?ebookId=1659

you can read an entire W.T. Grant promo giveaway comic from 1952. Back in the Fifties, up through the mid-Sixties, department stores (especially the 5 & 10's) gave away FREE Christmas comic books to their younger patrons... the comics were usually bundled with a toy and/or kid's clothing catalog. W.T. Grant's was famous for this and most of their annual offerings featured Jo-Joy, a little Jack-In-The-Box.

Enjoy...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
awesome