Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Gifting » In my Gift Closet I have................

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn“t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Santa Claus 3 (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:52 PM
53,060 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,595 Views  1 Posts
stocking Santa Smoking: Why is...
By Jeff Westover
10-11-2012 08:10 AM
Last post by HollyJolly
09-02-2013 08:30 AM
42,309 Views  6 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,433 Views  0 Posts
No Longer Alone in a...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:30 PM
39,355 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
In my Gift Closet I have................

Well fro starters it isn't even a gift closet as it is under bed storage boxes! but oh well you get the idea of it.

I wanted to start a little thread as Im constantly making lists of what I've brought - then I lose them, so then I start again and do the same or I want to update it but can never find a list or its out of date because ive added lots fo other bits to it etc so again i have to start again.( anyone else seeing what i mean) so i figured if i start a thread I could update one thread/post and it would all stay safe and up to date and i can add as I go. (feel free to add your own lists and updates too below)

so now that waffles out of the way here is what I have in my gift closet.

1 x pink flip file (10p in woollies closing down sale)
1 x pink address book (10p in woollies closing down sale)
1 x love heart bag with the word 'love' spelt out on it (10p in woollies closing down sale)
1 x pink sponge
1 x white sponge
1 x paul smith perfume (unwanted birthday present)
1 x Nina ricci perfume (wrong perfume again unwanted present)
1 x purple mug with the word 'TEA' written on it (intended for hamper last year but never used)
4 x small wooden photo frames (reduced in a sale from £2.99 down to 20p each)
2 x large wooden photo frames (reduced from £5.99 down to 50p each)
4 x small whisks (reduced to 20p for the 4 in sale)
10 x luxury Xmas cards
1 x 1meter pink material with ballet shoes on (cheap at £1.99 a meter)
40 x Xmas tags (10p a packet in Christmas sale)
1 x Santa key
2 x pink candles (20p each in end of season sale)
1 x box of blue bath fizzer's (49p)
1 x big envelope of Christmas card making bits and pieces (given by online friend)
1 x pair of size 16-18 pyjamas - pink top and polka dot bottoms (£4 in sale)
2 x door plaques - one saying Sophia, one saying tori - intended for nieces. (craft fayre)
1 x pink princess plastic cup - (99p) intended for oldest niece
3 x small princess pictures (99p each in discount store) intended for oldest niece.
oh and 2 origami jewellery holders - very cute and brought at a car boot sale fro 20p each)

so so far that's my gift closet list. don't think ive anything else - may have to check later.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,238 Times in 5,586 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We keep a "gift stash" in a few storage boxes downstairs; whenever we see a nice gift for someone, no matter what time of year, we buy it and put it in the stash. Come August or September, we haul out the boxes and our Christmas list some weekend, take inventory, and find out who's covered and who we still need gifts for. It's a great system, and it keeps Christmas going year round. I couldn't begin to make a list of what's in the stash right now, though. But I came across an ice-cream scoop with a handle shaped like a penguin today that I bought for a friend who loves ice cream and penguins. It practically had her name on it! If I'd waited until "Christmas shopping season," I wouldn't have come across it.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasLovers has shown a merry dispositionChristmasLovers has shown a merry disposition
Bad thing here is our "gift closet" has become storage for our many pieces of luggage lol.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We have several totes filled with gifts stashed in the attic where little eyes can't see. I also have a tote in the bedroom that we I have begun filling with razors, lotions, chapstick, card games, etc to send to soldiers this Christmas.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Our gift closet is in the spare bedroom. When I start loading it with gifts I let my Wife know not to snoop around hehe
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!