Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
Why There Really Is a...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:23 PM
39,254 Views  0 Posts
The Twelve Days of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:06 PM
48,652 Views  0 Posts
Tips for Buying a Fresh...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:57 PM
Last post by trackrebel
03-24-2014 09:13 AM
45,930 Views  1 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,966 Views  0 Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

WOW! This thread hasn’t started this early before! Let’s kick it off for July’s Rudolph Day & in Christmas In July style, shall we?!

The usual:

Like its annual Christmas TV counterpart thread, this Radio version will keep track of stations airing seasonal programming.

Many commercial broadcast stations will become “Your Official Holiday/Christmas Station” in November. Last year (2008), WMVN (101.1) in St. Louis, Missouri was the first going all Christmas on October 10. (This was for a format change so don’t look for it as early, if at all, this year.)

Likewise, many Public Radio Stations will air special programming for the entire holiday season, starting with Halloween and Thanksgiving themes. Personally, I like these type programs because they explore music other than the top 100 or so Christmas tunes that commercial broadcast radio wear out every year.

As you learn of stations making the switch to all Christmas, post ‘em here. List the station call sign, frequency and city. Also be sure to include a station link, especially if they stream their audio online! Here are a couple of starting places that list as many all Christmas stations as they can:

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

http://www.web-radio.fm/christmas/ (includes broadcast and online stations)

Sirius XM and their associated Satellite TV channels should be included here too!

I’m hopeful that someone in the UK will research and post all Christmas radio/audio related content with station links so that we may partake! I still haven’t developed a method for researching sites such as BBC Radio.

We always invite people from all countries to share your stations as well!

As always, I reserve the right to quote anyone starting another thread or posting anywhere else about their station(s) “going all Christmas” here in this thread. In their initial excitement, some folks will overlook this thread!

2008 Thread - http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=10990
Boogedy (11-01-2009), Chillywilly (08-30-2009), jollyliz (10-06-2009), kgstyles (08-30-2009), lauriebear777 (09-01-2009), Starider52 (12-09-2009), Storeytime (07-25-2009), sugarplum fairy (08-30-2009)