Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Homemade Ornaments and...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:59 PM
36,069 Views  0 Posts
Santa: To Be or Not to Be
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:30 PM
51,084 Views  0 Posts
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
Dear Santa: Cynical...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 09:39 PM
55,049 Views  0 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,086 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

WOW! This thread hasn’t started this early before! Let’s kick it off for July’s Rudolph Day & in Christmas In July style, shall we?!

The usual:

Like its annual Christmas TV counterpart thread, this Radio version will keep track of stations airing seasonal programming.

Many commercial broadcast stations will become “Your Official Holiday/Christmas Station” in November. Last year (2008), WMVN (101.1) in St. Louis, Missouri was the first going all Christmas on October 10. (This was for a format change so don’t look for it as early, if at all, this year.)

Likewise, many Public Radio Stations will air special programming for the entire holiday season, starting with Halloween and Thanksgiving themes. Personally, I like these type programs because they explore music other than the top 100 or so Christmas tunes that commercial broadcast radio wear out every year.

As you learn of stations making the switch to all Christmas, post ‘em here. List the station call sign, frequency and city. Also be sure to include a station link, especially if they stream their audio online! Here are a couple of starting places that list as many all Christmas stations as they can:

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

http://www.web-radio.fm/christmas/ (includes broadcast and online stations)

Sirius XM and their associated Satellite TV channels should be included here too!

I’m hopeful that someone in the UK will research and post all Christmas radio/audio related content with station links so that we may partake! I still haven’t developed a method for researching sites such as BBC Radio.

We always invite people from all countries to share your stations as well!

As always, I reserve the right to quote anyone starting another thread or posting anywhere else about their station(s) “going all Christmas” here in this thread. In their initial excitement, some folks will overlook this thread!

2008 Thread - http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=10990
Boogedy (11-01-2009), Chillywilly (08-30-2009), jollyliz (10-06-2009), kgstyles (08-30-2009), lauriebear777 (09-01-2009), Starider52 (12-09-2009), Storeytime (07-25-2009), sugarplum fairy (08-30-2009)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas Across The Lands

The reason we can start so early!

“Christmas Across The Lands” is a twelve hour syndicated Christmas show that stations may purchase and air. Breaks are included for local stations to insert commercials and other items of interest. Many have their employees and/or public officials offering Holiday greetings during these breaks.

2009 is the Tenth Anniversary of “Christmas Across The Lands” and at post time work is in progress for the eleventh hour of the program to be finished.

But here is the BEST PART!! 2009 Hour One is available for a listen! Check it out! - http://www.christmasacrossthelands.com/

Don’t forget the playlist.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:02 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Music Choice

For those with Music Choice via cable/satellite:

http://www.musicchoice.com/schedules...S_Schedule.pdf

Halloween - Thursday, October 15, 2009 through Sunday, November 1, 2009 – Halloween
Christmas - Monday, November 2, 2009 through Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-24-2009 at 11:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Starider52 (12-09-2009), sugarplum fairy (08-30-2009)
Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,386 Times in 4,398 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks so much Radio....this really has me excited!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (07-28-2009), Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by dancerXbabe View Post
oldies 103.3
bostons holiday music station
i discovered this from someone who does youtube blogs and didnt realise it had a link to play christmas music all year around
i think from november til the 1 week of the jan the actual radio station plays christmas songs non stop
its really got me in the mood, shame its still 4months away :/
We’ll look/listen for them again this year (2009)! They made the 2008 list on October 21:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WODS, Oldies 103.3 in Boston, Massachusetts has gone all Christmas, at least from their web page. They haven't yet made the switch on the air.

‘Boston’s Holiday Music Channel’ - http://www.oldies1033.com/

Notice they don’t say Christmas. Most won’t, preferring to use Holiday. Personally, I would boycott those!
Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,405 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I'll keep my ear to the ground (and the radio) and will report anything I find relevant.

That said, the UK isn't quite as festively minded - certainly early on anyway - as the rest of the free world!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
We’ll look/listen for them again this year (2009)! They made the 2008 list on October 21:
I just checked the station. They were live Christmas music. First song was Gene Autry - Rudolph
RadioJonD (07-31-2009), Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I'll keep my ear to the ground (and the radio) and will report anything I find relevant.

That said, the UK isn't quite as festively minded - certainly early on anyway - as the rest of the free world!!!
Thank you Bon Bon!

This is dated from last year but illustrates perfectly why we need UK, Europe, etc. Christmas Radio Reporters in here!

Who knew about this and didn’t tell us? - http://cmrnashville.com/press-releas...ious.php?id=14
Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Radju Lehen il-Qala

To give you time to brush up on your Maltase, Italian, &/or English -

From the Mediterranean Sea Country of Malta!

Radju (Radio) Lehen il-Qala (106.3) - http://www.radjulehenil-qala.com/home.htm (with a listen link!)

The Feast of the Immaculate Conception, & Christmas programming will begin Saturday, November 28 and run for six weeks.
Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Christmas-FM - Dublin & Cork, Ireland UK

Once again, Christmas FM is coming to the Dublin & Cork areas of Ireland in 2009. Christmas FM is a specially licensed station that broadcasts only during the season to raise money for charity (charity partner for 2009 is The Simon Communities).

If you are in the area, they are also looking for volunteers! Looks like Christmas FM is conducting a vote on what type of Christmas music to air as well!

Listen for them to go live in November - http://www.christmasfm.ie/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1 with a listen link!

In the meantime, you may choose to listen to a Podcast Test running 34:19.
Starider52 (12-09-2009)