Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Ideas » Are You Doing Nything Specail For Your Kids On Xmas Eve?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
Well this is my Xmas eve plans that have been the same for the last 4 years.

Our evening starts at about 7pm, my little boy has had dinner about 5.30ish and goes in the bath, at which point a magic elf/animal depending on whos visiting that year sneaks in and puts a present under the tree - which is new PJS.
Out of the bath, see's his present and opens it, and dressed in his PJS
We then sit down and have a hot chocolate and some biscuits ( which he helps bake the day before)
We check to see where father Christmas is on the Norad site
We get Santas milk and biscuits ready on his special plate with a carrot for rudolph
Ben sprinkles magic reindeer food outside.
Then puts his stocking on his bed
then off to bed, tuck him in and read him the night before Christmas before he goes to sleep at about 8pm - 8.15.

Then I have a Christmas eve tradition that I always wrap my boyfriends and little boys presents that night. I get everything i need at about 9pm - like paper, scissors, ribbon, etc and make myself a nice mug of hot chocolate and a box of maltesers and get to wrapping. Usually there's a Christmas or festive film on the Tv - although the last few years its either been Love Actually (love it!) or Bridget Jones' Diary although the nightmare before Xmas may make an appearance this year.

Then once Santa has eaten his biscuits and drunk his milk I go outside to check the reindeer's have eaten all there food. (its just oats and edible glitter so it swept down the end of the path) then go and fill his stocking up

Then last thing before bed is some flour sprinkled on the floor around the presents and use one of boyfriends boots to make foot prints in it. Then bed for me usually around midnight.

Then Ben wakes us up with his stocking, we check to see if the reindeer's have been and the food is gone, then we sneak through to the living room and peek through the door to see if the milk is gone, and then he goes in and sees all the snow and footprints and presents.

magical!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
For the past couple of years on Christmas eve we have gone to this place called Glendale Glitters. It has a bunch of Christmas lights, different little booths set up to buy goodies and lots of different food. There is music and tons of activities for kids. The one thing we like to do is go at night and go on the horse and carriage ride. It is so much fun. Can't wait to do it this year.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
First off, congrats Jack Skellington Fan on finding out you are having another baby. That's awesome!

As far as our Christmas Eve....

Christmas Eve is just a fun day at our house. We watch Christmas movies, make cookies for Santa (if they aren't already made), play games, hang out, etc. Our evening festivities start with a big dinner. We have our big Christmas *feast* on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day because we prefer not to spend so much time in the kitchen on Christmas. Other than a traditional breakfast, we eat leftovers for Christmas Day. Anyway, we have a big dinner on Christmas Eve of ham, sour cream potatoes, homemade rolls, frozen strawberry salad, green bean casserole, sparkling cider, etc. Sometimes we eat it by candlelight (which our kids LOVE), but that hasn't really become a set tradition. After dinner, our kids open one present and it's always Christmas PJs. Sometimes their yearly ornament goes in the same package. They head to the shower/tub and then put on their new PJs and we start the rest of our traditions.

We always have chocolate fondu on Christmas Eve for our dessert. We dip pretzels, bananas, oranges, marshmallows, strawberries, etc. After we have our fondu and get it all cleaned up, we gather around the table to read the Christmas Story from the bible. We sit around the table and we each have a candle (unlit) and then we turn off the lights. We light the candle of our oldest daugher and she chooses a Christmas Carol (about the Savior's birth) that we all sing together. After we sing the carol she picked, she uses her candle to light my candle. I then choose another Christmas carol and we all sing that and then I light my next daughter's candle. We go around the table doing the same thing until we reach my husband's candle. When his is lit, he reads the Christmas story from the bible by candle light and then we close with singing Silent Night and then family prayer. After that, the kids are off to bed. I always have all the gifts wrapped and stocking stuffers separated by person so all we have to do is put things out. Then DH and I relax together, anxiously waiting for morning. (:

The other tradition we have is that Santa brings each child 3 gifts (to represent the gifts the wise men brought to baby Jesus) and each child's gifts are wrapped in a specific paper unique to that child (always has Santas on it). No name tags are used, but a matching piece of paper is put in the appropriate stocking. Stockings are always opened first on Christmas morning. When the kids find their piece of wrapping paper, they can match it up to the gifts under the tree to see what gifts belong to which child.

Traditions are important and my kids would be so sad if things didn't happen the same way every year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (09-30-2009)
Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
We don't have small children, but every christmas eve, my husband and i open one small gift. It's something always did while I was growing up, so I wanted to continue the tradition now that I'm married.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
Well Christmas Eve is alwasy an exciting time around our house because that is our daugthers birthday (she will be 6 this year). So we do not do any holiday type things until after we have her birthday day party (which is usually around lunch time). Then she has all afternoon to play with her birthday presents. We go to 4:00 church service and then come home and eat pizza (daugthers favorite food) and birthday cake. We sing happy birthday to our daughter and baby jesus.

After dinner we put deer food on the front lawn, and set out cookies for Santa. The kids then get to open a gift which is new pj's.. Surprise! They know what it is every year but they look forward to seeing what kind of PJ's they are.

We then watch a christmas show (usually Christmas Story because it plays non stop for 24 hours) and then the kids and husband go off to bed. My husband likes to be surprised so he goes to bed so I can put out all of the gifts and fill stockings. Yes I have to fill husbands stocking to. He is worse then the kids. It is an exhuasting day but I love it.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
stocking

Christmas Eve Breakfast,
Last minute wrapping of gifts- Deliver gifts to all extended family- Prepare Christmas Eve dinner: Garlic Cracked Crab and Garlic Noodles with salad- Christmas eve special punch- Drive thru the neigborhoods to view the Christmas lights- Prepare in the evening special coffees and pastries for dessert- Watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas Music- Put the grand children to bed before assembling all gifts that need it- Open one gift from our stocking - Finish the evening by starting to preparing for Christmas dinner.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Eve was always family time when I was little. Mom would pop us in the car and we'd drive around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music. Then, we'd go home and watch various Christmas specials on tv, fix Santa's plate w/ cookies and milk and a carrot for Rudolph. Then, the local weather guy would talk about spotting Santa on radar and we knew it was time to get ourselves to bed!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well I don't have any kids, but I have many cousins. This year I plan on rallying them up & baking cookies with them & let them sleepover & watch movies a few days prior to Christmas day so that their parents can do some last minute shopping the kids can't get enough of me & likewise for me.