Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Saving Money » How much do you spend on Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Saving Money How can you do Christmas on a budget? From coupons to make-do ideas this area discusses all aspects of the economically responsible Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly

We really don't have a budget set up which I know we should. Our family starts so early that by the time the season get here we are over halfway done shopping. In fact yesterday we finish paying for our layaway for the grand kids $520 that we start over two months ago. We have 4 small grand kids. So I am not really sure how much we spend. But we still have our children and family and friends we are going to buy for.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,527 Times in 4,595 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Every week starting with the first week of November, we start putting away 50 a week for all the way though the end of October....so we have about 2500 put back for Christmas...this is going to buy all of our gifts....food....wrapping paper and boxes....trips and activites....everything! Then we usually have some left over so that when Christmas is over we can go spend the weekend away somewhere....
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,785 Times in 9,578 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We don't own any credit cards which is a good thing! We paid those off years ago and will not go back to using them. They never got that high in charges but enough to make us not like them. We budget on everything at Christmas time from presents, food and activities. I don't have an exact dollar amount on what we spend, it's not a lot but we have a fantastic Christmas every year!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,640 Times in 1,460 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
I rather not think about it... But maybe I should try a budget this year.
But I have bought a lot of christmas gifts already.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,061 Times in 30,606 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have a budget of 60 dollars a family member this year and twenty dollars a piece on two of my friends. My neighors all get cookies and candy that I make so I have a baking budget of a 100 dollars. That brings my total budget to $500 this year.