Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 11-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
great ideas!

Keep those ideas coming!! I am totally trying the gift tags from old cards! I keep them every year and they are sitting in a box. This way they will take on a second life!
I also tried the ribbon from left over wrapping paper. It is tricky (thicker paper is better) but the results are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
This is a very simple idea but I thought this is a good time to post it.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners we all usually take a container with some type of food.

And usually it's a container that we want to be sure we take back home with us.
I take one of my address labels and put it on the container. They will stay on through several washings and no more messy writing with a marker that sometimes because of the container will not stay on the container.

I have baking cake pans with lids, so I put the label on my lid. They will stick to plastic too.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Invalid Email

CandyCanesnews has shown a merry disposition
stocking

Great ideas!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,541 Times in 5,973 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by miller4plusmore View Post

I'm a huge book lover so I'm going to make me some miniature book ornaments this year (I hope)! I'm going to cut out small usable portions of old Christmas cards and glue them to cardstock. I'm going to use several pieces of paper (or maybe parchment paper) and write quotes from favorite Christmas books, etc. I'll staple all this together (I have one of those staplers that can staple up to 25 pages) close to the edge and then I'll hot glue pretty Christmas ribbon or cording over the staple. Then I will attach a loop as a hanger (somehow) and it will be all ready to hang!
Please post photos when you make these---they sound gorgeous!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,471 Times in 13,312 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by joyful View Post
When I take the Christmas cards down after Christmas, I just keep the front. Then using a hole puncher I put a hole in it and sometimes cut out the picture (depends on the card design) Then I use ribbon to attach it to gifts and I have a free gift tag. I don't have to buy gift tags and some cards are just perfect as a gift tag.
I love that idea! Thanks