Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Projects » What are you making for gifts this year?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Neiman Marcus Has Just...
By Jeff Westover
10-09-2012 04:00 PM
25,522 Views  0 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,555 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,883 Views  0 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,062 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,640 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
For sure, I'm doing a latch-hook rug for my future MIL. Other than that, I'm not sure. I'd like to do homemade canies for everyone. My mom did this for a few years and it was a big hit.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Christmas_Angel has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by pkcrafty View Post
.. making small jars of red and green pepper jelly (they are in abundance at our farmers market right now) to give out to friends and neighbors. Thought they would look pretty all wrapped up in pretty celophane and curling ribbon.

YES!--- I think this would be great!
There is a wonderful booth at my local farmer's market, who sells Chipotle Mango Pepper Jelly, that is just delish! I eat it throughout the year, it's so good. I thought this year I would buy up plenty of jelly for my own gatherings, as well as, gift out at Christmas. I really commend, those who are so talented to make their own, but this is so good, I don't think I could do it that well.....nor the time it takes!
I do make various breads..pumpkin, chocolate, cherry...etc. to gift, so I thought jars of jelly would go together perfectly. It seems we think along the same line PKCrafty C.A.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

pkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elf
We sure do!
I did find a fabulous jelly recipe last year out of the Paula Deen Christmas magazine. It is a pepper jelly w/cranberries and pecans. It was REALLY good and I've got so many people requesting it this year, so guess I'll makng it this year,too.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Mamax2 has shown a merry disposition
I'll bake a few cookies and mince pies, some shortbread maybe. I'm not really a crafty person!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

Tracemer has shown a merry disposition
This summer I bought a hair band that was fabric, with serged edges. What makes me love it so much, it that it has the velcro dots on the side against your hair...the "hook" part of the velcro, so they grab my hair and stay in place without being a tight band around my head.

The one I bought has ribbon ties, which I found hard to tie to my size, plus the ends show....so I plan to make mine with elastic.

I love this hair band, and plan to make bunches up in plain, colorful, and holiday fabrics to give out.
An interface between the two fabrics will stiffen it some, to hold the shape.

Might make a basket with a few, and some hair product samples or something. I don't know yet.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jyclassy has shown a merry disposition
I'm knitting/crochet hats, more scarves, a everyone seems to want those, fingerless mitts,legwarmers for this year to give. I make up food gifts-homemade salsa,add chips,homemade strawberry jam,bread. I have made homemade soaps for different ones but not too sure I'll do that again even tho they were well received. jy
The Following User Says Thank You to jyclassy For This Useful Post:
officepro4u (07-23-2010)
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I'm making a couple of fleece quillows. I am also hoping to make some travel-sized art kits.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
I am making:
my son's Christmas morning PJs
3 superhero capes
Lounge pants and pillow set for my sister
Possibly a doll for DD
Wool socks for DH
Old 09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Noonie View Post
This year I am going to make - Jams, Chutney, Pin cushions, Aprons, Oven Gloves, Cookies, Christmas Cakes. I am not going to buy any presents everyone is getting homemade this year.

I love the sound of those spiced nuts in jars that have been mentioned - does anyone know where I can find a good recipe please??
Here is a spiced nuts recipe that I use:

1 egg white
2 tablespoons cold water
2/3 cup walnut halves
2/3 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup sugar (you can substitute Splenda for baking)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
1.Beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir nuts into mixture to coat, then drain slightly in a colander, 3-4 minutes. Mix sugar and spices in a plastic bag. Add nuts and shake to coat. Spread wet nut mixture in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly. Stir.
2.Microwave another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove; stir to separate. Cool. Store in a sealed container.