Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Projects » I don't want a "UGLY" Christmas sweater !!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

JingleJingleJingle is a new face around here!
I don't want a "UGLY" Christmas sweater !!

So . After searching the net and ebay . I found that the only christmas sweaters to buy are the "ugly" ones . The kind that people buy to wear to "ugly christmas sweater parties" .

I want one that is tasteful and simple . Yet festive in some way . Either color or pattern .

I want it to be knitted , and made of 100% Wool or something similar . Warm enough to wear in the snow . And durable enough to last me 50yrs .

The style I would like is that of a Cardigan sweater with a button front .

The EXACT sweater I would LOVE to have and would pay serious money for is the one that is worn by TIM ALLEN in the movie THE SANTA CLAUSE . It is the red and white one with 2 reindeer on the front of it .
He wears it in the scene near the end of the movie when he is at the house saying good bye to Charlie . It is PERFECT .
I have even tried to find the costume designers for the movies so I could find out where they get all those nice christmas sweaters for the movies .

So.... It looks like I am going to have to learn and knit my own .

I just need to find a pattern and get at it . so it is ready for this christmas season .

Any tips ? Ideas ? Suggestions ?

Thanks .

Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,169 Times in 6,085 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You probably tried this already, but I'll throw it out here anyway.

I searched IMDB.com for the costume designer for "The Santa Clause." It's Carol Ramsey. Here's her page on IMDB.

This link provides contact information for Ramsey's agent. You might be able to get in touch with Ramsey through the agent to ask whether that sweater might be available somehow. You never know! Suggest to her that she could make a fortune with a line of tasteful, non-ugly Christmas sweaters. Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
kerstig

I know this topic is quite long ago, but do you mean this one??

for i've seen lots of cardigans like this in stores lately! they seem to be in fashion, like here:

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&categ oryId=212149&parent_category_rn=208600&productId=2 003455&langId=-1&cmpId=affwin&cmpid=awin&_$ja=tsid:19886

and this one:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...11021/Knitwear
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM
kerstig

or these:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...QUARD%2BJACKET

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...D%2BSWEATSHIRT

hope i helped!