Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
stocking Santa Smoking: Why is...
By Jeff Westover
10-11-2012 08:10 AM
Last post by HollyJolly
09-02-2013 08:30 AM
42,481 Views  6 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,302 Views  7 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
50,066 Views  1 Posts
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,814 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:38 PM
40,801 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thanks for the gift of tunes and links!

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (12-26-2010)
Old 12-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hear! Hear!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
Thanks for the gift of tunes and links!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
I got so busy and wasn't able to throw out a reminder about Jon Solomon's show. My deepest appologies to those who would have listened and missed it! This one is in my top five shows every year. Unfortunatly I was away and didn't get to hear much of it and wasn't able to log into the festivities. However, the recorders captured it all...I think! Got to get busy archiving it now!

Here is the 2010 Playlist

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
One of the most highly anticipated Christmas music fares for real Christmas music aficionados has announced for 2010!

Jon Solomon is back for his twenty-third year as host of the twenty-four hour Christmas marathon show on WPBR in Princeton, New Jersey!

If you can catch but only one Christmas show this (or any other) season, this one is IT! I ain’t kiddin’! You can do without Bing or Nat for twenty-four hours, I just know it!

2009 Playlist

Online Listen Link

From the webpage:

Jon Solomon’s 24-Hour Holiday Radio Returns To WPRB On 12/24!

Mark your calendars, set the clocks: Jon Solomon’s 23rd Annual 24-Hour Holiday Radio Show is coming soon! The marathon begins on Friday, December 24 at 6:00 PM ET and ends Saturday, December 25 at 6:00 PM ET.

It’s not Christmas without Jon’s annual holiday marathon. Seriously! From the absurd and bizarre to the beautiful and almost-kinda-holy, Jon’s show traverses the terrain of holiday music. No two marathons are alike, and perhaps that’s why listeners both near and far flock to the radio and/or webstream. So says Inside Jersey:

Forget the Bing Crosby-Nat King Cole-Mariah Carey loop that seems to air on every station in every mall – Solomon mixes covers of traditional hits with songs by bands from the region, recordings lost to attics and basements, and esoteric picks like “Mr. Russian, Please Don’t Shoot Down Santa’s Sleigh,” a Cold War-era number. Which is not to be confused with “Can Santa Miss Those Missiles,” Solomon says.

Jon wants you to know that if you would like to make some requests, by all means get in touch.

You can RSVP for this show on Facebook.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 12-26-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

But Wait! There's More!

Don't forget, WCSF is still all Christmas until Noon, January 2, 2011! Great playlist blend too!
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
I don't know if you've already posted the University of St. Francis College station yet. It started it's Christmas format on Thanksgiving:

http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS
Holiday music, commercial-free, 24 hours a day

from Noon Thanksgiving day, November 25
until Noon January 2, 2011
One of the area’s finest holiday traditions, the Spirit of Christmas-holiday music, commercial-free, 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving Day, November 25 through January 2 - will again be presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis.
Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured as well as a variety of special programming, including local choirs and bands, according to Don Burke, Spirit of Christmas producer.
Listeners may call in requests at selected times, said Burke, who notes that more than 200,000 listeners tune into the Spirit of Christmas programming. This is the 18th year the University of St. Francis in Joliet has offered the Spirit of Christmas for the community.
WCSF 88.7FM reaches listeners throughout the greater Will County area.
For more information, call the station at 815 740-3214.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Since WCSF shut down Christmas yesterday, I guess it's time to call it a season in terms of Christmas Radio. After a dismal less than two thousand (1,829) views, I think 2010 might be the last for this thread.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,495 Times in 14,031 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
There is one station close to my area WJMJ Bloomfield, Connecticut, owned by one of the Catholic churches, that is still all Christmas, they will be playing through Jan. 6. I have listened since I have found it on Dec. 26.

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (01-04-2011), Storeytime (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
There is one station close to my area WJMJ Bloomfield, Connecticut, owned by one of the Catholic churches, that is still all Christmas, they will be playing through Jan. 6. I have listened since I have found it on Dec. 26.
Here's the online link. Click on "Listen Live"
http://www.ortv.org/
RadioJonD (01-04-2011), Shiny Brite (01-05-2011), xmas365 (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Cool! We're still in business for a couple of more days!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Since WCSF shut down Christmas yesterday, I guess it's time to call it a season in terms of Christmas Radio. After a dismal less than two thousand (1,829) views, I think 2010 might be the last for this thread.
I think you ought to do it again next year for the 1829 times somebody wanted to check it out. Seriously, I hope you keep it going. One of my favorite places here.
RadioJonD (01-05-2011)
Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,495 Times in 14,031 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
I think you ought to do it again next year for the 1829 times somebody wanted to check it out. Seriously, I hope you keep it going. One of my favorite places here.
I agree, I came to this thread often to see what was going on.

Go Bruins!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (01-05-2011)