Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
Help needed

We have about 8 of the 2 foot spiral Christmas trees from walmart that we have collected over the last few years, The problem is that they aren't that sturdy to high winds and over the years all of the stands have broken. No matter how we tried to repair them they would still not hold up. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can buy repacement stands for these little trees. They work fine and I would hate to throw them out but so far I haven't found anywhere to buy any replacement stands.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnchosenFragmnts For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)

Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,095 Times in 2,453 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
That's a consistent problem with all the trees from Walmart.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Unfortunately we had the same problem and evently just got rid of those. They started to turn more into a chore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 11-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree

I moved to placing mine in front of trees and then wrapping the poles in white electrical tape.
Sorry - they are just cheaply made from WM....
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
Thanks everyone. That's pretty much what we were thinking as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnchosenFragmnts For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thanked 1,399 Times in 534 Posts
superdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elf
If the plastic part of the stand is broke you might be able to fix with what we call smear. And yes on mine I glued the center poles together.

Ok to make smear
Go to Home Depot and get a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe. If you don't know thats the white pipe in 10 foot lengths on the racks. Some stores have shorter lengths. Then take a hack saw, bandsaw, woodsaw, any wood cutting device and start cutting 1/4th to 3/8th wide pieces of the pipe. If you can cut narrower the better. Put the pipe pieces in a jar that has a good tight metal screw on lid. To the pieces start adding PVC pipe clear primer. Don't use purple primeer unless you want purple plastic. Add enough primer to come up about half way up on the pieces. I get the primer a qt at a time. Then set it aside for a day then check each day add more primer as needed till you have a soft pile of melted plastic. Then using metal handle glue brush or acid brushes smear the soft plastic around your broken area then set to the side and let cure out. This is slow and takes a while but makes a hard good plastic repair around something. The more pieces you melt the more you have. I use old qt mayo jars myself nice wide bottoms and a wide opening.
If stuff in jar gets to stiff just add more primer can use same jar for years if you are carefull. I and others have fixed leaking PVC piping this way when in a area that be to hard to rip out and fix or is in like a swimming pool fitting on the filter or something and will have to buy a high dollar part ot fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdave1225 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)