Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
We're here!

And it's sunny!

YAAAAAY! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011)

Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Well my oldest niece is in the ER with possible appendicitis. She was complaining of her stomach this morning when she got up and the pain just kept getting worse throughout the day and she developed a fever of 102. The doctor in the ER just sent her down for a cat scan so hopefully we know something soon.
Oh my, Made! I do hope she is okay! I haven't read the rest of the posts from yesterday yet - so I'll see if you've given an update. My prayers are with her!

~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-23-2011), KerWa (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
We started our Christmas shopping today (sorta) We put a Nintendo Wii on Layaway as the big Christmas gift for the boys, I love layaway.
I LOVE Christmas shopping!!!!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
It was a long day, relaxed a bit probably should have mowed the lawn, but Tuesday called me and said it should wait until then, who am I to argue with that.
You made me giggle!

~ Eric Sevareid
caninemom3 (05-23-2011), KerWa (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Good late afternoon, Christmas friends. It is quite warm here in northern California. We are finally at home, so Iwill probably get a good rest tonight. We had a great dinner last night of bbq shrimp and lobster, fresh salad (just-picked greens and tomatoes) and great garlic bread and some wine. My son called last night and left a message that he and Melissa had arrived safely in Davidsonville, Maryland. I can hardly believe how quickly they got there. Joshua said they averaged 800 miles a day!!! Well, I need to get a shower and put on my pjs and totally relax. Tomorrow is root canal day!!!
Welcome home, Seawaters! There really is just no place like home, eh!

~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
9:15 already! I have friends coming for a BBQ tomorrow so I think I will sign off too and get and early start in the morning. (hoping it does not rain tomorrow.)
I hope the rain holds off for you, ChristmasStar! So far so good. Its a little cloudy right now - but yesterday turned out to be a nice surprise. They were originally calling for rain all day long - and when I looked outside around 1pm...I saw the sun!

~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
My prayers are going to Joplin, Mo tonight. It sounds like they got hit really bad by a tornado. 24 already confirmed dead.
Oh no...that is horribly sad news. Praying for them.

~ Eric Sevareid
Christmasstar (05-23-2011), KerWa (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by vsuclaribnl View Post
Good evening/night, everyone!

Went over to the parents' house tonight to hang out...finally watched the 6th Harry Potter movie - I loved it for the most part (although I think the book did the ending a little more justice...). I'm trying to get Travis into HP but he seems to be as uninterested as ever (although he did ask some questions once the movie was over, which was how I ended up getting into the franchise myself). I'm hoping to watch the first installment of the 7th movie before the second half comes out...my parents want me to go with them to see it, but I'm hoping to maybe find some people to go to the midnight premiere (still working on the parents!).
I cannot wait to see the final Harry Potter movie! I think it comes out in July?

~ Eric Sevareid
Christmasstar (05-23-2011), happyelf (05-24-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), vsuclaribnl (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Morning everybody! Can anybody possibly explain to me why, when I have a day off AND it's pouring down AND the clutch is about to go on the car I'm up at 7.30 making my 20 year old's lunch and preparing to take him to his teaching placement which is only 10 minutes away by bus???!!!!!

I know that some of the answers will be that I'm a good mother yada yada yada but at this point in time, I prefer to think of myself as an idiot!!!!!!

Catch you all later - after I'm back AND dried out AND maybe slept some more AND eaten (you get the general idea....!!)
It doesn't sound much like a day off to me. Perhaps a nap and/or a good Christmas movie later on???

~ Eric Sevareid
Christmasstar (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by happyelf View Post
Morning Christmas Friends,
Its Monday and I am looking forward to going to work for a rest! This weekend has been hectic - dancing, cheerleading, dancing exams, birthday parties, family visiting, decorating and painting, moving furniture - yikes am shattered!

This weeks christmas activity is to update my address book as I missed a few friends outlast year due to switching over books and I don't really want to so that again.

The children finish school on Friday for a weeks holiday, then go back for 6 weeks before the 'big' holidays. I cant believe how quick the days/weeks/months are speeding by! Once September hits and the children go back to school I can officially begin to get excited as the shops start to display their christmas wares.

Right off to catch up on all the posts I missed over the weekend.
Have a great day!

Naomi
WOW! Sounds like you've had a busy weekend! We (in Canada) have a holiday today (Victoria Day) - so I'm off, but will have to put in some time working today anyway.

I agree...you really know its getting close once September comes around and the children head back to school!

Have a super day!

~ Eric Sevareid
happyelf (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011), xmas365 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,116 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning MMC !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-23-2011), happyelf (05-23-2011), Seawaters (05-23-2011)