Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,241
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,021 Times in 9,783 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Running

Do you need to get in shape to "run" from one Christmas sale to another?

Are you a runner or want to begin running?

What are you goals in running? Wanting to run a 5k, marathon or just running for fun?

We can discuss many ways to get started and/or could use advice from an experienced runner to help out.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-20-2011), ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011), Christmasstar (05-25-2011), frostyman (05-27-2011), sugar142286 (02-23-2012)

Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Shoes are very important to get started on running. I found Asics to be the best shoe for me.

Does anyone have a preference in a particular shoe that works you? Do you have any suggestions on what to look for in a good running shoe?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011), Christmasstar (05-25-2011), sugar142286 (02-23-2012)
Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I used to be a natural runner....I played hockey since I was 8.....a striker.....so I needed lots of footspeed.....then later on I switched from striker to midfielder....now as a midfielder u gotta pace over that entire field the entire game and gotta be able to do sprints in between.......I used to be good on 800 - 1000 meters and my sprintin wasnt too bad either.....everything that took any longer got boring to me a lot......tho I am planning to pick up jogging soon....nothing burns them calories better than plain ole joggin

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011), Christmasstar (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,119 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I ran in high school, but have not done much of it since. Now that I walk more I have started adding short bursts of running to pump up my heart rate. It feels good and I can see myself doing it again.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
GREAT topic!

I used to run a few years back. I got up to running 5 to 7 miles a day (and on some days I'd throw in kick boxing or step classes). There is no feeling like it!

I've recently taken it up again - and it feels amazing! My goal is not to lose weight - but to tone, to feel healthy and energetic, to strengthen my heart!

Oh...I want to run a half-marathon next year too!

I remember how I felt when I was really into it - and I'm so happy that I'm running again! I'm already feeling the benefits!

I am also happy to find others who love it too!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Good idea Christmasstar, it does rev your heart up if you add a jog with your walk.

ChristmasHeart, the most I have ran so far is a little over 2 straight miles. I can't seem to get past that yet but not giving up. When I entered the 3k over a month ago I did run most of it but walk a little. Same here, not for weight loss but just to FEEL BETTER!

I want to run a 5k but if I wait too long it will be just too dang hot over the summer to run one. I will have to wait until the fall.

I'm about to put on my running shoes and go for a run shortly! =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
I started running in November and then completed the couch to 5k program in April, however I have since developed a horrible case of shin splints that I cant seem to get under control. Running is great and I am hooked on it I just wish I get rid of the shin pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
I started running in November and then completed the couch to 5k program in April, however I have since developed a horrible case of shin splints that I cant seem to get under control. Running is great and I am hooked on it I just wish I get rid of the shin pain.
I started on the Couch to 5k. Great program and got me far but now I just do my own thing and listen to my body. When it wears down I stop running. Sorry about the shin pain. I hope you can heal and get back to running soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-27-2011), RachRon (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well to be honest I dont particularly love running but I LOVE the way it makes me feel.. I usually run on the treadmill 3-4 times a week nothing too serious but enough to tone and I hope keep me semi healthy... its funny how when I was on vacation last week how much I missed my treadmill though and this week I only ran twice and I felt so out of shape from taking off the week and eating horrible! UGH LOL Im glad to be back into my routine
Old 05-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,065 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I used to love running but since I broke my leg and put on weight I find it really hard to get going again.

My leg has healed 100% but my fitness is crap at the minute and I get frustrated that I cant run like I was able to