Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,755)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,909 Views  5 Posts
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,418 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,337 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,459 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Pumpkins and their Health Benefits

When the holidays approach we get hungry for pumpkin pie.

It's good to know that pumpkins are loaded with vitamin A and C, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and low in calories.

Have a slice of guilt free pumpkin pie!

Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 1 3/4c)
8 ounces skim milk or 8 ounces low-fat soymilk
3 egg whites
2/3 reduced fat graham cracker crust (take off the sides of the crust and discard)
3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
pumpkin pie spice
2 egg whites, for the crust

Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
2 Mix pumpkin, milk, and egg whites until smooth.
3 Gradually stir in Splenda (1/4 cup at a time).
4 Add the pumpkin pie spice; taste and add more if need be.
5 Pour into crust** and spread evenly.
6 Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes (may vary depending on ovens).
7 Let cool and serve your favorite way.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (06-03-2011), XmasDreams (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Interesting! I'm going to have my wife give this a shot. She is famous for her pumpkin pie -- all made by hand, including growing the pumpkin (she never uses canned pumpkin).

She also makes a mean pumpkin soup. And, of course, pumpkin bread. And muffins. The more with pumpkin the better!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Adam (06-03-2011), XmasDreams (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,608 Times in 1,283 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
This look and sounds great, since i am huge pumpkin eater and drinker. If it has pumpkin in it i will usually try it.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Interesting! I'm going to have my wife give this a shot. She is famous for her pumpkin pie -- all made by hand, including growing the pumpkin (she never uses canned pumpkin).

She also makes a mean pumpkin soup. And, of course, pumpkin bread. And muffins. The more with pumpkin the better!
I bet that pumpkin soup is healthy. We need her recipe!

The bread and muffins sound super tasty too!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (06-02-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Okay,now you have me wanting a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks to wash down my pie!!!
Seriously though, I love pumpkin anything!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Love pumpkin! I just had a pumpkin muffie from Panera Bread this morning

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,608 Times in 1,283 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by mom n 30 View Post
Okay,now you have me wanting a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks to wash down my pie!!!
Seriously though, I love pumpkin anything!

I know what you mean, I really with that Sep would hurry and get here so they would be making them again.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
chocolate chip pumpkin anything, and im sold lol. Starbucks does a year round pumpkin loaf here in California (not sure about anywhere else) and I get it when I need a fix! So yummy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
22 16x16

Does the caramel sauce cancel the health benefits of this recipe?
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel and Pecans
Bread Pudding
4 eggs
2 15oz cans of pumpkin
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 cups french bread cut into 1 inch cubes (about 12oz)

Caramel Sauce with Pecans

1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, half and half, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Add the cubed bread and mix until fully coated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Pour bread mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
During the last 10 minutes of baking, prepare the caramel sauce. Cook the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the caramel from the heat and add the vanilla extract and pecans.
Remove the bread pudding from the oven and drizzle with the caramel sauce. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whip cream!
Mmmmm…the perfect combination of fall flavors!
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Does the caramel sauce cancel the health benefits of this recipe?
I'm sure it does but it still looks very tasty! Probably can substitute for healthy ingredients to make this. Thanks for sharing!