Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Bells Halibut with Tuscan Beans and Endive

I can't remember where I got this from one of my Weight Watcher Buddies but it is a really good dish and I have also used chicken breasts once and it was still good.

Halibut with Tuscan Beans and Endive

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 heads endive, quartered lengthwise
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup prepared roasted peppers, drained and roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
  • 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 small sprig rosemary, chopped
  • 4 6-ounce halibut fillets, with skin
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 handful fresh parsley, torn
Directions
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the endive quarters, sprinkle with sugar and cook, tossing a couple of times, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the red onion, peppers and garlic and cook until the endive is wilted, about 2 more minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the beans, broth and rosemary and continue cooking, mashing some of the beans with a spoon to thicken the sauce slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper; place skin-side up in the pan and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until firm but still translucent in the center, 4 more minutes.
Place the halibut fillets in 4 shallow bowls and spoon the beans and endive on top.

Last edited by lauriebear; 07-21-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Correct misspelled words
The Following User Says Thank You to lauriebear For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (06-04-2014)