Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,960
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,316)
Welcome to our newest member, richintampa

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Rainbow Jar Cakes

Somebody shared this link on another forum I am on and I thought it was too cute to not share!

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitch...cake-in-a-jar/

We're going to try this recipe out this weekend for my DD's birthday party. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to scale this back from using a canning jar down to a baby food jar as I'll be serving 4-6 year olds.

Also, it doesn't have to necessarily be rainbow colors that are used. It could be red, green and white for Christmas, red, white and blue for the 4th of July or any color combination for any occasion. OOH - Orange and black for Halloween too!

Anywho, hope you all enjoy this!
~Laney
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (10-01-2012), Christmasstar (08-31-2011), dreamingofawhiteChristmas (09-20-2012), Jangle (10-24-2011), lauriebear (08-11-2011), Sabine (08-10-2011), Santa Johnny Boy (08-25-2011), snowytree (08-10-2011)

Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
candle

Laney, thanks for sharing this, it looks amazing! I'm curious to know if you tried it yet, and how yours turned out?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-31-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I didn't get to try it yet! I ended up having to work overtime the weekend of DD's birthday party so I had to break down and buy cupcakes from the store. Boo! I think my sister was wanting to try it, so if she ever does, I'll try to get back with an update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-31-2011), Gingerbread Latte (08-25-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,572 Times in 13,329 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have made rainbow cakes, but never in jars...I like it! Thanks