Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Entrees » Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Annual Survey of...
By MMC Editor
09-16-2013 08:19 AM
Last post by icetene33
10-21-2013 04:04 PM
19,328 Views  2 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,214 Views  1 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,010 Views  0 Posts
Eggnog: A Colonial...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:49 PM
70,547 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 How to Use Christmas...
By MMC Editor
12-20-2011 02:28 PM
72,018 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,562 Times in 1,457 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Candygold Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins

Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins

Ingredients

2 cups flour
2 tbsp white sugar
˝ tsp salt
2 ˝ tsp baking powder
3 eggs (preferably large)
1 cup milk
˝ cup butter
Bacon (18 strips)
6 large eggs
˝ cup cheese (any kind you like – I have used Cheddar/White American/Smoked Gouda
Cooking spray/grease

Directions

Cook bacon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, & baking powder
Melt butter
In another bowl take the 3 large eggs and mix them up, add milk, add melted butter and mix up
Slowly add you egg batter to flour mixture (I like to make an indent in the form of a circle to pour some of the mixture in the flour). You only mix this batter with a spoon or spatula and just mix until all liquid is combined and lumpy (do not over mix it is supposed to be lumpy).
Grease a six cup jumbo muffin pan, pour about enough batter to cover the bottom of the muffin cup take two strips of bacon and make a circle inside the muffin cup, and push it into the batter for each of the cups. Take the six large eggs and I do this one at a time, I break and separate the egg you only need the yoke (egg whites keep for a few days if you can use them). Take the yoke and pour it into the bacon circle, don’t worry if it breaks. Once you put an egg in each cup pour reaming batter into the cups fill them up as much as you can, sprinkle cheese and extra bacon (just cut up remaining strips of bacon) on top on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.

I love these muffins they are so handy because to can take them with you on the go!!!!
Christmasstar (12-05-2013), frostyman (08-26-2011), Gingerbread Latte (09-12-2011), happyelf (08-28-2011), Seawaters (08-26-2011), snowytree (08-26-2011), theraglady (09-12-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,290 Times in 7,249 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
These sound yummy - thank you for posting the recipe!!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-26-2011), Seawaters (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I really like this...I am teaching my 14, 16, and 11 year old how to cook various foods. This sounds like something interesting for them to try out.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
My boys love these....They like them with sausage too....

The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-29-2011)
Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
candle

These sound so interesting! How can you tell when they are done? What consistency does the egg yolk cook to - is it hard cooked, soft and runny, or does it just absorb into the batter? Just wondering what the final result ought to be, before trying to make these...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
theraglady (09-12-2011)