Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2011 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth

Old 09-05-2011, 06:03 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Psst. Randy also shared a new song he wrote with me and it will be included in this year's special of CAL. It's a good one!

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (09-05-2011)

Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
I'm excited to say that I have an update for the St. Louis area on Christmas music for 2011!!

Our oldies station KLOU 103.3 will be a new option for Christmas music this season on air. The station will convert to all Christmas music for the season For those of us too impatient to wait, they have begun streaming Christmas music 24/7 at their website:

http://www.klou.com

I have to say, this is pretty early on for even our area. Not complaining though in the least. I am also hoping since this is an oldies station, that we may get a bit more from the old crooners and maybe a bit (or a LOT) less Mariah Carrey. Lord knows we could all do with less of her.... lol
I'm listening to this station with my pumpkin spice candle going while I'm working on a job bid. I just like to listen to stations like this sometime because it kind of has a live feel to it, even though it's not my favorite kind of Christmas music.
caltch (09-24-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,251 Times in 2,295 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
KFKF - Kansas City, Missouri USA

KFKF, Country 94.1, in Kansas City, Missouri is staking a claim to Christmas in 2011!

KFKF is promoting the December 18 visit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra’s Winter Tour with a rotating banner at the top of their webpage. That's where you will notice the logo "“K.C.’s ALL NEW Christmas Station” complete with a Santa hat. No date is given for the switch.

Assuming KFKF stays true to format, the Yule tunes will be Country. Traditionally there are fewer radio stations that go all Christmas with a Country format than do other formats.

Two Kansas City stations, KCKC (sister station to KFKF) & KUDL, switched to all Christmas (not Country) in November 2010. Both have changed formats since.

Source
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8944614.jpg (37.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by RadioJonD; 09-23-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added thumbnail of KFKF baner
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-23-2011), Storeytime (09-23-2011), xmas365 (09-23-2011), XmasDreams (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks for that Jon. I've been looking here for a few days. I thought that there were usually some stations that had gone all Christmas about this time of year.

I'm really looking forward to this year's thread.
RadioJonD (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
KFKF is promoting the December 18 visit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra’s Winter Tour with a rotating banner at the top of their webpage. That's where you will notice the logo "“K.C.’s ALL NEW Christmas Station” complete with a Santa hat. No date is given for the switch.

Source
Hey Jon, the link - "webpage" had some other stuff in it that wouldn't open the link. (two http's in the address) I opened it with this - http//www.kfkf.com/
RadioJonD (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
Hey Jon, the link - "webpage" had some other stuff in it that wouldn't open the link. (two http's in the address) I opened it with this - http//www.kfkf.com/
Thanks Tim. It's fixed now.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Z88.3 - Central Florida USA

Z Ministries, Inc out of the Orlando, Florida operate a number of Contemporary Christian radio stations in the region under the Z88.3 banner.

WPOZ 88.3 FM Union Park/Orlando
WMYZ 88.7 FM Clermont
WHYZ 91.1 FM Palm Coast
W245AZ 96.9 FM Leesburg
W250BH 97.9 FM Melbourne/Palm Bay
W259AS 99.7 FM Lady Lake/The Villages
W274BB 102.7 FM Haines City/Davenport

There is no date for this announcement about Z88.3 switching to all Christmas. Their wording (Z88.3 is excited to announce that once again we will switch to ALL Christmas music through Christmas Day!) leads me to believe that the switch is an annual thing.

Z88.3 has online listen links.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (09-26-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

1- Various Non Christmas forums re: Christmas radio stations:

Various non Christmas forums with a thread about radio stations switching to all Christmas in 2011. Keep in mind there are debates and plenty of speculation and these folks aren't as nice to each other as we.

Radio-Info

Radio Insight

Sirius/XM Fan

Last edited by RadioJonD; 09-26-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: More links!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,242 Times in 495 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Keep in mind there are debates and plenty of speculation and these folks aren't as nice to each other as we.
Is there any forum where people are this nice to each other?

My Halloween Forum is pretty close! But otherwise, I've never been on a forum where people were so great.
RadioJonD (09-27-2011), Yuletide Junkie (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
Is there any forum where people are this nice to each other?

My Halloween Forum is pretty close! But otherwise, I've never been on a forum where people were so great.
We certainly aren't the norm. The Crew takes care of the few that don't make nice!