Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"Mary Cary's Business"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 12:42 PM
52,295 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The Christmas Truce
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:24 PM
48,248 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2006
By MMC Editor
06-11-2006 11:11 PM
45,191 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,172 Views  0 Posts
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,932 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Dear Yoda

What can you suggest for resuming exercise after surgery?? As you may remember, I had a hysterectomy in January and am at the point now where I have to do something as my stomach resembles a bowl of jelly but I'm only 4 months out from having my insides sitting on a table (so to speak!) so can still feel it if I do too much.

I'd be grateful for any and all suggestions as I'm feeling like a wobbly frump right now!!! I'm aiming for Zumba as well but it's not going to happen for a while!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=)

Your best bet is going to be light yoga or light water aerobic. You need time to heal and you don't ant to strain anything for now. Check with your Dr - but i bet they say pretty much the same.
Zumba will be great once you can get back to that point... but for now i would just keep it slow and steady in preparation for the ramp up.
Don't for get diet plays into this as well...
=)

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Dear Yoda

What can you suggest for resuming exercise after surgery?? As you may remember, I had a hysterectomy in January and am at the point now where I have to do something as my stomach resembles a bowl of jelly but I'm only 4 months out from having my insides sitting on a table (so to speak!) so can still feel it if I do too much.

I'd be grateful for any and all suggestions as I'm feeling like a wobbly frump right now!!! I'm aiming for Zumba as well but it's not going to happen for a while!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,889 Times in 9,104 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Dear Yoda
Bow to the Jedi Master!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-14-2012), caninemom3 (05-28-2011), Christmasstar (05-29-2011), Maureen (05-28-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Last Achievements

rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=)

Strong is the bench press with this one... mmm.. yessss.....
hehehe....
Old 05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,340 Times in 12,651 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by rodmonster View Post
Depends on what you are really looking for... to build muscle, tighten up, or drop weight...
Whats your goal?
all of the above!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,063 Times in 274 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Rod - I went in to Gold's for the first time tonight. I didn't stay for long, because apparently they were closing early for Memorial Day - figures, eh? But I walked around and saw where everything was, checked out the facilities, the pool and did about 15 minutes on the precor elliptical. I'll meet with someone either tomorrow or Friday for a free analysis/training and hopefully get more info then.

In the mean time, this is what I was thinking:
Alternate my cardio by either swimming laps or doing the elliptical on M,Tu,Fr.
Use the circuit weight machines every visit - should I be alternating upper body and lower body?
On Wednesdays I'll do the aqua zumba class and on Thursdays I'll do a yoga/pilates mix class.

I'm thinking on Thursdays, I will only do the yoga/pilates class and not do the weight machines. I just feel my stress levels are so high at work, that it would be good for me to have that day to re-invest in my well being and not over due it. That is my day off work, so it would be a time for me.

We'll see what the trainer person says this week, but that is my initial thought. Do you have any input on this or changes you see as necessary?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Laney View Post
Rod - I went in to Gold's for the first time tonight. I didn't stay for long, because apparently they were closing early for Memorial Day - figures, eh? But I walked around and saw where everything was, checked out the facilities, the pool and did about 15 minutes on the precor elliptical. I'll meet with someone either tomorrow or Friday for a free analysis/training and hopefully get more info then.

In the mean time, this is what I was thinking:
Use the circuit weight machines every visit - should I be alternating upper body and lower body?
On Wednesdays I'll do the aqua zumba class and on Thursdays I'll do a yoga/pilates mix class.

I'm thinking on Thursdays, I will only do the yoga/pilates class and not do the weight machines. I just feel my stress levels are so high at work, that it would be good for me to have that day to re-invest in my well being and not over due it. That is my day off work, so it would be a time for me.

We'll see what the trainer person says this week, but that is my initial thought. Do you have any input on this or changes you see as necessary?
Sounds good!
Your Routine is sounding pretty good as well.

- Good to mix it up and i am big believer in the elliptical - its light on the joints and burns calories faster than the treadmill...

- Two choices - full boddy workout eachtime to focus on circut training and to burn calories - Or Upper one day lower another - to focus on muscle building... your call...

- Again - good to mix and match - keeps your muscles in shock and not knowing whats coming next - that way they are working harder than if you do the same thing day after day....
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I don't have any questions just wanted to share what I do at the gym to stay healthy.

Tuesdays and Thursdays and most Saturdays, I do a 60-minute spin cycle class (often I wind up leading those classes when the regular instructors are on holidays or away due to illness because they are at 6:00 a.m. not all the instructors like to get up that early). I do a bit of core work before or after the class on my own.

Mondays and Fridays I have a mixed variety of routines that I do. I start with warm up exercises - stretching is important before and after your work out - I get revved up on the spinning bike with my music for about 20 mins, sometimes I'll jump onto the ARC machine or the rowing machine for another 20minutes. Next, I do some weights (still a light on those) and sometimes hit the punching bag or race around the track a few times. I use the stability ball and add a few yoga stretches to get my heart rate back down and work on my core muscles.

On Wednesdays, I do a class that combines steps, aerobics, kalestics and weights - it's a killer - but the results are good.

Sunday is my day of rest. What I like about my routine is changing up some of the moves so it doesn't get too boring and I can also work different muscle groups or some of the same ones, but in a different way. I really enjoy it and find the morning is the best time for me to work out. By the end of the day I'm too tired and know I won't get there. Having it done first thing seems to open my brain which is a great advantage when I'm working on project. Sometimes I think I could solve the world's problems if I had a meeting right after my work out.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
There's a guy in my spin cycle class that always reminded me of someone. I would notice his reflection in the mirror and wonder where I had seen that face before and last Thursday I figured it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKC-QlRi05M&feature=fvsr

I'm not saying he's a dog, but he has a long face and reminds me of Droopy. Now that I've remembered where I had seen that face before I will likely have to switch bikes so he's not behind me in class or I might start laughing out loud. Is that mean?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Rod I was wondering if you have ever heard of and have an opinion on DDPYoga/YRG.