Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » 6 months till Halloween!

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,049 Views  0 Posts
"The Purloined...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:34 AM
55,325 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,061 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,388 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday after Christmas. I just love everything from the scaring to the costumes to the trick or treating...So much fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kgstyles For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-24-2012), xmastidings (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,356 Times in 4,394 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love love love Halloween...I like the weekend before because the wife and I usually cook a meal and say up late and watch scary movies...fun.....

On Halloween night, we have a tradition over the past five years of going to Mom's, eating Pizza, and giving out candy. It's just kinda a kickoff of the season to me....

Not a lot of decorating, though.....save that for Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Have glove will travel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-24-2012), xmastidings (05-01-2012), yolie8174 (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

yolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Halloween is my second favorite holiday, I do some spooky baking like witch finger cookies
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yolie8174 For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (05-24-2012), snowflake22 (05-24-2012), Undrtakr (05-01-2012), xmastidings (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,907 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
All the posts. Makes me want halloween right now lol!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-08-2012), ballcoach (06-03-2012), snowflake22 (05-24-2012), xmastidings (05-01-2012), yolie8174 (05-01-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We decorate the outside ... organge lights, fall leaves garland, hay stacks with pumpkins and scarecrows, purple lights, 3 light up blowmold pumpkins, 2 different halloween pumpkin inflatables ... We carve pumpkins a day or 2 before halloween.

Inside I have various types of pumpkins - that I decorate through out. I am thinking about adding ornage ligts and fall garland to the inside this year... we shall see.

We have alot of cute (non scary) halloween movies that we sit and watch with the kids during the month of Oct.

Hubby will stay home to hand out candy.. some years he will dress up if he feels up to it and the weather ... I take the kids around our neighborhood.

We used to drive them all over to friends and family but that got to be too much .. now we only drive them my dads, hubbys dad and a friends after they go trick or treating through the neighborhood.

Our kids are already thinking of what they want to be for halloween. Trying to talk one of them into letting me dress them up as a Christmas Present but so far its a nope.

After Halloween ... the pumpkins come down and the inflatable turkey goes up outside.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-08-2012), snowflake22 (06-18-2012), xmastidings (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
My family loves Halloween! I decorate the entire house with pumpkins and such. I have to keep it pretty kid friendly for now, maybe when my kids get a little older they'll be more into the spooky stuff! We love to go trick or treating and we always go to Seaworld to check out the haunted forrest. I make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and bake all kinds of goodies. I'd say it's defiantly my second favorite holiday! I'm looking forward to it this year.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,611 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
DD now says she wants to be one of the Avengers for Halloween. 5 months to go!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
xmastidings (05-24-2012), yolie8174 (05-26-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,740 Times in 1,081 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I love Halloween. We do a lot of decorating inside and out. We always have a lot kids come for trick or treat because we're in a safe, quiet neighborhood.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (05-24-2012), snowflake22 (06-18-2012), xmastidings (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,457 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Well, According to Real Halloween.com, as of today, there is about 5 month, 6 days left untill Halloween....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-03-2012), shellie12 (05-24-2012), snowflake22 (06-18-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,213 Times in 9,017 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I loved reading all of your replies. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year right behind Thanksgiving and Christmas. To me, as it was mentioned here, is the kick off to the Christmas season!

I know some like the gory stuff but I don't care for that side of it. I know it's part of the Halloween tradition for some, just not for me. I do decorate with witches, ghost, Frankenstein, etc. but they are not the scary looking ones, more folksy looking. I have a lot of scarecrows too. I decorate the outside with pumpkins, Halloween wreath, lights and an inflatable haunted house. If I am at home to pass out candy I play scary sounds on my CD player. That's about as scary as it gets at my house. =)

I take my grandchildren to the Halloween carnival at the elementary school I use to go to every year. I have so much fun and it brings back so many memories when I was a kid.

It is an absolute MUST to watch, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, numerous times in October. I watch it even when the kids are not at my house. =)

I wish it was that time of year already!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-03-2012), snowflake22 (06-18-2012), xmastidings (05-24-2012)