Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Projects » Homemade Christmas decorations

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,804 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,743 Views  2 Posts
Gift 2 The History of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:54 PM
78,249 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,883 Views  0 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts

Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmasallyeararound has shown a merry dispositionxmasallyeararound has shown a merry disposition
Homemade Christmas decorations

I'm thinking about doing homemade Christmas decorations for this Christmas. Does anybody have any ideas or site I could go onto?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmasallyeararound For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-17-2013), snowflake22 (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,202 Times in 5,584 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Try craft-store sites like Michaels, A.C. Moore, Jo-Ann, and Herrschner's. They have tons of kits for stockings, tree skirts, ornaments, table linens, and more, with materials and instructions.

If you don't want to go the kit route, you could just try Googling for "christmas crafts free patterns" and see where that takes you. You might also visit Magical Holiday Home, which is a sister site---I think they are focused on Christmas at home, including decorations and crafts. They also have a forum you could sign up on. Some folks here are members at both MMC and MHH.

There is plenty out there to discover. I've found instructions for making a small lighted Christmas tree out of wire coat hangers, tinsel garland, and a string of lights, and instructions for making little snow people out of "orphan" mittens, among others. Enjoy the hunt---and post photos for us of things you make!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I make ribbon wreaths. I have a few pics of my profile photo album, check them out. It's super easy!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,631 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Go to pinterest and search for Christmas crafts. You should be able to find just about anything your looking for there.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-06-2014)
Old 10-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

hikr1962 has shown a merry disposition
I too would suggest Pinterest. I have found a bunch on there just using the search terms "handmade Christmas ornaments" and bunches come up. Have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to hikr1962 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-06-2014)
Old 10-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Good idea!

I was thinking of making some Popcorn & Cranberry Garlands for this year. I do not put up a tree, so I decorated my windows with coloured lights (which I do leave up all year round, I just enjoy the glow of the lights, very similar to candles. I also put around a few little knic knaks, candles. Hang shimmering Red & Green garlands, hang some glass ornaments, beads and put the final touches layering tinsel strand by strand along the garlands.
But I do think I will head over to Michaels Arts & Crafts to see "if" I can pick up any other ideas. I just love their Pine scented candles!!!!!!!!!!
Okay I think that's my contribution to this discussion, but I would suggest searching out the internet for other ideas!
I know when I was a kid I would create my own styled "Charles Dickens" scene, with cut out people, snow, with a house background. I loved creating that when I was young.......hhhhmmmm that could be an idea!

Ok, for sure that's it. Hope this helped.
Have a great week to one and all!

Later........

The Following User Says Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-06-2014)