Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth

Old 08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I walk EVERYWHERE. I don't drive, which is great (no extra expenses to pay out) and not so great when it's raining. I take my daughter to school, which is a 15 mins walk there and back so thats four times a day..plus running around the house,( not literally) lol after the kids.
And I've also taken an interest in yoga
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2012), Holiday (08-31-2011)

Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,465 Times in 3,811 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That's great kelly ann! I never thought about walking from the perspective of not driving at all! WOW! I bet you get lots of miles on your shoes!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2012)
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

Walked 4 miles today. I had surgery on the 22nd of August and am now walking 4 miles. WOWZA!!!!!
If someone had told me months ago that quitting smoking and a bunch of toher bad things AND starting to walk would feel so good, I would have slapped them and called them DUMMIES. But I am the dummy for not doing this sooner.
Christmasstar (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,824 Times in 9,580 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wayne (Snow-in-Texas) and I have been walking every morning for nearly 2 weeks. We will either walk around the school or drive out to the lake for a walk.

We have been enjoying it very much!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2012), Holiday (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How FUN!! That really is cool that you are walking together!

I got my 4 1/4 miles in this morning. I have been slack the last week or so on my walking - I was off work last week & I got lazy!! Time to pick up the pace again!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Wayne (Snow-in-Texas) and I have been walking every morning for nearly 2 weeks. We will either walk around the school or drive out to the lake for a walk.

We have been enjoying it very much!

Christmas-A-Holic (07-11-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Holiday, that is fantastic! We walk about a mile and half. We can certainly walk further but we feel rushed through this so Wayne can get back to go to work. We are very fast walkers, which is our normal pace, so it takes right about 25-30 minutes for us to walk a mile and a half.

I have had way too many people fuss at me most of my life for walking too fast telling me to slow down because they can't keep up. Ooops! I am glad Wayne can keep up with me. My son is the only other person who can as well.

I am hoping to get back to running. I had to take a break for health reasons but started to feel a little better now and walking is helping a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

CAH - You sound like my neighbor - she has such long legs & I struggle to keep up. I almost have to jog to keep up with her...or I get charlie horses!!! We normally do right at 4 1/4 miles in 73-75 minutes in the mornings. Today I slept in though. Both walking partners took the day off - I intended on hitting the snooze & leaving just a little later than normal. BAD IDEA!!!!! I will walk tonight & maybe at lunch!!
On Monday I walked by myself so I did a Wog (walk/jog) & my hip has been hurting every since. I didn't have my good shoes on (I wore an older pair) so maybe that was it. Seems like jogging always makes something hurt. Lol! I hope you are able to start again soon!!!

Christmas-A-Holic (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

I sometimes will jog for a couple of minutes while walking. I usually do that on my treadmill if I decide to walk again on the same day.

My brother competes in running all the time and I joined him on a 3k one time. He will usually do 5k and half marathons. I hope to join him on that someday!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Wayne and I went on another walk at the lake this morning. We walked 2 1/2 miles in 40 minutes. I am wanting to walk for a longer amount of time but we need time to do that! We had some errands to take care of today so we had to cut it short. We had a really nice walk!

We will try to get an earlier start one day and put in more time.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

I walked at the lake this morning too!!! (I guess technically it was yesterday morning since it is now after midnight...ha) It was such a beautiful morning - I sat in my lawn chair drinking coffee 1st thing this morning - after our dog woke me up!! I took some pictures of the channel behind our trailer of the sunrise:

Then I went for a 3 1/4 mile walk - 52 minutes. I had planned on riding bike at least a little, but the day got away from me!!! I think I might sleep in tomorrow!