Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Corn 'n' Spicy Pepper Chowder

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,952
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,613 Times in 5,984 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Corn 'n' Spicy Pepper Chowder

Passing this on from the Countdown ...

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post

I made this in the crock pot, – low for 8-9 hours - adding the corn for the last couple hours of cooking time & the half & half about an hour before serving time.

Corn ‘n’ Spicy Pepper Chowder
6 ears fresh corn(milk)
1 small onion chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
1 Tbsp. Veg oil
3 medium tomatoes, peeled & chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
2 cups half-and-half cream ( I doubled the batch & used 2 C. regular, 2 C Fat Free)
Chopped fresh parsley, optional
Additional pepper, optional
6 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled, optional (I used packaged crumbled bacon bits –jalapeno flavored)
*I added 2 (4 oz.) chicken breasts raw & let them cook all day

Cut corn off cob (you’ll need about 3 ½ cups for this recipe) Rub the edge of a knife over each cob to milk it; add enough milk to cob juice to equal 1 cup. Set corn & liquid aside.
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, green pepper, celery & jalapeno in oil until soft. Add next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; add cream, & reserved corn & milk mixture. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley, pepper & bacon if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (09-19-2012), Holiday (09-18-2012), One Spoiled Brat (09-18-2012), xmastidings (09-18-2012)

Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
my mouth is watering!!! I will have to try making this! x
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
I really enjoy corn chowder, this is a must try.....Thanks for sharing....Have a super day....God bless.....

Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for posting Merry!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

MeltDown has shown a merry dispositionMeltDown has shown a merry dispositionMeltDown has shown a merry disposition
The recipe looks delicious!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,613 Times in 5,984 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Thanks for posting Merry!
You're welcome!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
The recipe looks delicious!
It was delicious! Even better with a little hot sauce added! (to my bowl(s)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-19-2012), MeltDown (09-19-2012)