Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Tips for Keeping Your...
By MMC Editor
08-30-2011 02:21 AM
65,644 Views  0 Posts
The Legendary Role of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:17 PM
53,143 Views  0 Posts
Gifting Without Charging
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:03 PM
49,615 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Dress
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:40 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-20-2013 05:09 PM
1 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,759 Views  2 Posts

Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

sugarcookie2 has shown a merry disposition
Candles

Here is a tip for candles,Bath and Body or any other brand.When the wicks of the candle have been burned down,but there is still wax left,i put the candle jar on my coffee machine hot plate.Turn coffee machine on so hot plate is hot,let wax melt,then when it has melted completely,put a piece of metal under candle jar.I use an old metal stand, the kind used years ago to keep coffee hot on stove element,sorry i can't recall what they are called.You could bend a metal coat hanger into a star shape.The idea is to keep candle warm, so that the wax stays melted, but not sitting directly on hot plate. The smell still fills the room and you can get a few extra weeks out of candle.Or when wax is melted,discard wax and use the jars for makeup,cotton balls or jewellery,my daughters love the empty jars with lids.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

CuddleBug88 has shown a merry disposition
12 16x16

Oh my goodness...I was in the local Bath and Body the other day and got a chance to smell some of their seasonal candles! I have to say I like the 'Hot Buttered Rum", "Frosted Cranberry" and "Winter" scents. I may have to go buy some...
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Just got an email saying that the 3-wick candles from B&BW are on sale 2 for $20. Actually I think if you buy 2 or more they're all $10 each, so here's your chance to stock up.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by sugarcookie2 View Post
Here is a tip for candles,Bath and Body or any other brand.When the wicks of the candle have been burned down,but there is still wax left,i put the candle jar on my coffee machine hot plate.Turn coffee machine on so hot plate is hot,let wax melt,then when it has melted completely,put a piece of metal under candle jar.I use an old metal stand, the kind used years ago to keep coffee hot on stove element,sorry i can't recall what they are called.You could bend a metal coat hanger into a star shape.The idea is to keep candle warm, so that the wax stays melted, but not sitting directly on hot plate. The smell still fills the room and you can get a few extra weeks out of candle.Or when wax is melted,discard wax and use the jars for makeup,cotton balls or jewellery,my daughters love the empty jars with lids.
The also sell candle warmers I usually see them for $5-$10