Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping » 5 Reasons the Amazon Fire Beats the iPad

Christmas Shopping Real Christmas Real Christmas brings you this merry topic area. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping for Christmas is as fun and challenging as ever. This forum discusses the art of Christmas Shopping. Please note our Forum Rules in regards to links posted in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,158 Views  0 Posts
How to Properly Light...
By MMC Editor
08-29-2011 02:10 AM
0 Posts
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,461 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,248 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
5 Reasons the Amazon Fire Beats the iPad

In the upcoming feature we're working on for Black Friday we project that Amazon's new tablet will be the hot seller of the 2011 Christmas season.

This article nicely outlines key reasons why the Fire will be preferred by many over the more expensive iPad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Gingerbread Latte (10-10-2011), One Spoiled Brat (10-11-2011), sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
To me the iPad and Fire are very different products designed to do different things (and can happily co exist)...

The Fire is for 'accessing/consuming' stuff (media and all things Amazon)

The iPad is for 'doing/creating' stuff (A uk tech tv show recently changed its theme tune and composed it completely on an iPad!!!)

Although the Fire is built on a custom version of android, the amazon app store doesn't equal the full android market!

Also no 3G (wi-fi only) limits it a bit.

Having said that as an e-reader VERY NICE STUFF!!!!

Don't know if I'll be getting one as the kindle app on my android 10" does the job fine for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,212 Times in 483 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've thought of getting a Kindle, just for the e-reader function of it...but that Fire sure is sweet for other stuff too!

Thanks for the article.
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 10-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SinatraClaus has disabled reputation
I thought I would use my tablet a lot more then I do ... I have an IPAD and they are nice, but in the end I pick up my laptop still for 90% of everything I do.

I think they still have a little ways to go... I am interested to see how well the Fire does when it comes out. The IPAD is like all apple products very reliable and works really well, but you play by Apples rules and have to use it they way they intended it to be used for.

It's why I still use Android over IPhone for my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SinatraClaus For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I caved in and pre-ordered a Fire a couple weeks ago; it's supposed to ship 11/15. I'll let you know what I think. I already have a garden-variety Kindle, but I liked the idea of being able to check the Internet with the Fire, plus play movies and music. We recently got Amazon Prime, so that entitles us to the free streaming videos that are accessible to Prime members---something we haven't really taken advantage of on the computer, but I'd probably stream them on the Fire.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Merry Fourms Member

merrybob has shown a merry disposition
Bought an Amazon Fire for my wife, and she loves it...

Yeah, I bought the less-expensive Amazon Fire for my wife, and she loves it. It's similar to the iPad, without the cost of prestige
The Following User Says Thank You to merrybob For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Update since last year ... I bought an iPad in October, and have gone over to the dark side. It's got me hooked. My poor Kindle Fire hasn't been out of its case in a while, but I go to it occasionally if I want to buy from Amazon or view websites that require Flash. I haven't seen the HD version, but I'd say the Kindle Fire of either first or second generation is a fine alternative to those who don't want to pay Apple prices for a good tablet.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (12-02-2012)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

engravedgifts has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by whychristmas View Post
To me the iPad and Fire are very different products designed to do different things (and can happily co exist)...

The Fire is for 'accessing/consuming' stuff (media and all things Amazon)

The iPad is for 'doing/creating' stuff (A uk tech tv show recently changed its theme tune and composed it completely on an iPad!!!)

Although the Fire is built on a custom version of android, the amazon app store doesn't equal the full android market!

Also no 3G (wi-fi only) limits it a bit.

Having said that as an e-reader VERY NICE STUFF!!!!

Don't know if I'll be getting one as the kindle app on my android 10" does the job fine for me!

Very Great info dear, i really appreciate this one. Thanks for sharing with all of us.